Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
JPF in Woodmere- which shul is for us?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:30 pm
We have been testing out shuls, so far we found the Young Israel too modern and Aish was too intense. What other shuls are around that might be a better fit for us? We are young family and, to use the imamother term, Just Plain Frum.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:43 pm
If I'm not mistaken, the Young Israel has a Minyan in the house next door that may be a little more Frum. Also if you are willing to walk into Cedarhurst, the Red Shul may be up your alley.

chayamiriam

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 6:52 am
There is the Irving Place Minion or Rabbi Ginzburg on West Broadway Agudah these are only a few I could think of right now, probably tons more

granolamom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 7:50 pm
you could try Island ave shul. I think if you didnt like the YIW main shul you wont like Irving Place Minyan

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:12 pm
Where in Woodmere? Anshei chesed is on the Hewlett Woodmere border.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:15 pm
Thanks. Don't want to give away too much, but I'm closer to Hewlett than to Cedarhurst.

granolamom

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 1:09 pm
you could try anshei chesed (is that the minyan in yeshiva south shore?) or yeshiva gedola, they have a new building on Mosher Ave (near key food).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating