Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Hot chani
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

rachel91

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 7:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
OK ladies, I found a blog for you that pretty well sums it up. This is a frum woman, and believe it or not she's a Grandmother! Surprised

http://www.fashion-isha.com/20.....ha%29

Just so you don't think she's shallow, she's also politically active, works tirelessly for charity, runs marathons, and has even donated a kidney. I am NOT making this up! She's a wonderful person. She just happens to adore the "Chani" style (and I am seriously curious about how much her sheitel cost.)

Yes, I love her! I follow her on Instagram, and like her style.
So if she is considered a 'hot Chani', you would probably consider me one as well...but I guess, as other posters mentioned, the style is too classy.
And for the other thread about age and attractiveness, she is a great example!
She also mentions what skincare products she uses, on Instagram.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 8:08 am
I remember a few Hot chanis groups on FB, I have been added some times LOL. But every one sees HC differently, for some if you're trendy you are a HC for others it takes really sleazy air... I don't think I am one personally

Tablepoetry

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 9:28 am
That site is proof you can be a glamorous, gorgeous, fit and slender grandmother.
I love seeing women like that, they give me inspiration.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 9:54 am
Here's my question, and I don't think this is a chit chat topic but maybe issues of concern or interesting discussion:
We all know the difference between slut and elegant. It's not a matter of RW, LW or religion altogether.
However, there are certain tznius norms that have been widely accepted. Please note I said widely, not universally. As I've said and pointed out to my kids, one of the most tzniusdik women I know doesn't cover her hair and does wear pants. But for those of us who do accept these norms I have to say that there's a lot of envelope pushing these days. Put away the rulers. Just see if you can sit or walk in the skirt without the knee showing. If not, and you live in this milieu, it's just possible you're being provocative. Or will be perceived that way.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Fri, Aug 29 2014, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

penguin

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 9:59 am
I also think that form-fitting clothing is not classy. Just my personal opinion.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 10:00 am
penguin wrote:
I also think that form-fitting clothing is not classy. Just my personal opinion.

It can be closer to classy than slut on toothpicks ;-) That's a high bar to be setting for the rest of us. (The rest of us. As if I'm including myself. I think my kids just ruined their keyboards - again! - contemplating that one.)

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 9:02 pm
C'VS I never meant to imply that Sharon was slutty! Never even crossed my mind.

I do get frustrated looking at the skirts she features on her site. They hover too close to the knees for my taste, and everything is a bit too tight for what I would wear. I keep thinking "one size larger, 5 inches longer, with lower heels, and it would be PERFECT!"

So near, and yet so far… *sigh*

I am saving up to try her skin care line. It looks exactly like what I've been searching for, because I have some sun spots on my face I'd love to fade out. Too many years at the beach without sunscreen as a teenager have finally caught up to me.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 4:18 pm
Really? I just say, bh another tznius woman.

No in fact I probably don't even think of it.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 7:02 pm
I hate Google

bluesclues

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 4:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
C'VS I never meant to imply that Sharon was slutty! Never even crossed my mind.

I do get frustrated looking at the skirts she features on her site. They hover too close to the knees for my taste, and everything is a bit too tight for what I would wear. I keep thinking "one size larger, 5 inches longer, with lower heels, and it would be PERFECT!"

So near, and yet so far… *sigh*

I am saving up to try her skin care line. It looks exactly like what I've been searching for, because I have some sun spots on my face I'd love to fade out. Too many years at the beach without sunscreen as a teenager have finally caught up to me.

What skin care line does she use?

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:39 pm
bluesclues wrote:
What skin care line does she use?

Rodan& Fields

sequoia

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:53 pm
Why are you guys talking about her as if she's not here?

penguin

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:43 pm
I have said this before (actually, I see I wrote it on the thread mentioned below). When you write a book, people are allowed to critique it and recommend or not recommend it for a valid purpose.

If you create a blog and call it tznius fashion, people can offer their opinions and say "This does not fit the standards of tznius in X community". This conversation has been done before, so you might as well read that thread before rehashing the same material.

mirror

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:09 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
OK ladies, I found a blog for you that pretty well sums it up. This is a frum woman, and believe it or not she's a Grandmother! Surprised

http://www.fashion-isha.com/20.....ha%29

Just so you don't think she's shallow, she's also politically active, works tirelessly for charity, runs marathons, and has even donated a kidney. I am NOT making this up! She's a wonderful person. She just happens to adore the "Chani" style (and I am seriously curious about how much her sheitel cost.)

What are her dieting tips?

MamaBear

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:40 am
I like the lifestyle part of her blog a lot more than the fashion....I'll leave it at that to be polite.

Diet tips? If you follow her blog, she does the obvious - eat well, exercise a lot, try to stay positive, live a full life. Her skin care line has mixed reviews so do your research. The business side of it is sketchy - pyramid scheme, etc

debsey

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:44 am
I'm really starting to understand that halacha in Shmiras Halashon that says be careful talking about people, even if you praise them, because if you say something good, someone else will say something bad.
Sharon, if you're on here, I guess I'm sorry I praised you.........
In terms of the skincare line, I do agree. It's legitimate to talk about the utility or lack thereof of a BUSINESS. Sharon the person is wonderful and her blog is personally something I enjoy.
The skincare line? I don't buy things from MLM companies as a general rule.
So let's stay away from personal evaluations of people.......Please.

Simple1

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:03 pm
debsey wrote:
I'm really starting to understand that halacha in Shmiras Halashon that says be careful talking about people, even if you praise them, because if you say something good, someone else will say something bad.
Sharon, if you're on here, I guess I'm sorry I praised you.........
In terms of the skincare line, I do agree. It's legitimate to talk about the utility or lack thereof of a BUSINESS. Sharon the person is wonderful and her blog is personally something I enjoy.
The skincare line? I don't buy things from MLM companies as a general rule.
So let's stay away from personal evaluations of people.......Please.

If you look back at FFs first post, you'll see she also praised Sharon as a person. It seems that the comments on her style was meant as a technical critique rather than a personal attack.

rachel91

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:09 pm
Just to be clear, I only answered about the skincare line, to the poster who was interested, I have no experience with those products, since I don't use anti-aging, or any creams, it was just an answer.

debsey

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:16 pm
Simple1 wrote:
If you look back at FFs first post, you'll see she also praised Sharon as a person. It seems that the comments on her style was meant as a technical critique rather than a personal attack.

That's why I didn't quote her! It just seemed like this thread had the potential to devolve into a referendum on Sharon as a person, and that's not OK

FF - if you thought I was referring to you, I apologize. No critique intended.

Simple1

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:24 pm
I do agree that Internet critiquing can be tricky when you consider the laws of lashon hara.
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics