Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any BK schools match this criteria?

MadameX

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:53 am
Hi! My DS will be three next year and I would like to start applying for schools already. I am located in Flatbush, Brooklyn and, unfortunately, do not know much about the schools here. I would like to list what I am looking for in hopes that I can get some recommendations.
First off, I am looking for a school that he can be enrolled in from age three all the way through elementary school. It can have a high school too, but I am not concerned about that.
Secondly, a school that has a good secular program as well as a limudei kodesh program. Basically, a well rounded education.
And finally, a school that is not too concerned what color nail polish the mother is wearing and where on the knee her skirt lands.

Please excuse me if I may come off a bit clueless. I am not too knowledgeable in this topic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you Smile

pearly1

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:59 am
Ohr shraga. Veretsky meets all of your criterias!

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 10:10 am
I would suggest you look into Torah V'daas, Torah Temimah, Kaminetz, Chofetz Chaim, and maybe Ahavas Torah.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 10:19 am
don't look into kaminetz. pm me if you want details.

MadameX

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:24 pm
Would you guys be able to tell me about the schools you recommend?
Why did you recommend them? Why do you think they are a good fit? Etc.

Thank you!

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:24 pm
I would say ohr shraga meets those criteria, however it is also more heimish and a little ritzy. Many of the parents dress fancy and dress their kids fancy. If that would bother you, than it is not a good option. If those things dont bother you, it is an amzingly warm, and chilled out school with a decent (not superb) english department. The hebrew dept is wonderful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries