Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Fundamental Xtians smiling all the time?

mazal555

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 3:47 pm
OK, I was wondering if someone knows the answer to this, because it's not really something I can just go over and ask. But you notice how a lot of the fundamental Xtians, especially the women, seem to have these really big, mouths only (no eyes) smiles on most of the time? And also, they don't seem to yell. They always talk upbeat and cheery and modulated. They can't always be happy, nobody is, so is it like a religious thing or something? Why are they doing that? For example, Michelle Duggar

November

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 3:52 pm
OMG

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 3:53 pm
I had a rav in seminary that smiled ALL of the time. its either a personality thing or for those people their religious life is just that fulfilling. it is not specifically christian.

November

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 4:02 pm
My reaction- perhaps impulsive - was really more incredulousness. I have seen many people who seem to smile all the time, but I don't think it's particular to fundamentists. I do think personality and outlook are contributors.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:58 pm
It's called "keeping sweet" You're not supposed to show anger. I think that's why they use those babby voices too

little_mage

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 6:31 am
Go to the website No Longer Quvering-it's a site mainly for people that are leaving/have left Christian fundamentalism, and they've talked about that a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics