Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Can you justify taking kickbacks?

Rivky

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:44 pm
I'm redoing my home now and am using a designer to help me. She's taking me to tile stores, kitchen places etc. While she's respectful of my budget and taste she keeps on directing me and in a nice way pushing me to purchase my stuff at the stores where she gets a kickback. Now, I know at the end of the day it's my decision and I don't have to purchase at the store she benefits from, but I'm just wondering what this whole kickback thing is. It seems so low and unethical to me.
Edited to add, I'd love to hear from anyone who does take it what's the reasoning behind it.

Thanks!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 3:13 pm
Rivky wrote:
I'm redoing my home now and am using a designer to help me. She's taking me to tile stores, kitchen places etc. While she's respectful of my budget and taste she keeps on directing me and in a nice way pushing me to purchase my stuff at the stores where she gets a kickback. Now, I know at the end of the day it's my decision and I don't have to purchase at the store she benefits from, but I'm just wondering what this whole kickback thing is. It seems so low and unethical to me.
Edited to add, I'd love to hear from anyone who does take it what's the reasoning behind it.

Thanks!

In most cases that is how designers make their profit. What they charge you (if anything) is nominal and their main profit is the commission (I wouldn't call it kick back) they get for what you buy through them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics