Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tell me about your 2 year old boy!

alwaybhappy

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 10:40 am
can you describe to me your 2 year old boy
I need to know if mine is 'normal'!
I am pulling my hair out!

little_mage

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 10:43 am
When my son was two, (he turned three in June) he was very energetic (still is). He also was slow to start talking. Now he talks well, but when he first turned two he wan't particularly verbal. Does that help?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 10:48 am
If you are pulling your hair out he is probably normal!! Smile
My two year old is hilarious but I think tantrums are funny. He goes into every single thing in my house. He finds my hidden Sharpie and tatoos himself right as Shabbos is starting.He always knows when I am late for work- that's when he lays on the floor and insists that I hold him, his ice pop, his blanket and his doll all the way to school. he is also a sugar addict and constantly begs for treats. but he pronounces treat like a certain four letter word. and he yells it in anger in our neighborhood store when I refuse to buy him one. oh the embarassment.
but if I cough, he always asks me- "you ok?" and starts kissing me. what a cutie.

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 11:12 am
Mine is almost 3. But as a mid 2 year old....

He needed everything to be done just so. Routine, routine, routine. The milk must be put into the bowl before the cereal or tantrum. The bedtime songs must be in the same order. etc etc etc (hes finally sometimes being ok with those kind of changes)

Hes very active. gets into everything and everywhere. every time you think you toddler proofed he finds something new.

He gets frustrated when things "isn't wowking" the way he wants them too.

what are you tearing your hair out about?

myself

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 11:14 am
If he's experimenting with half the things in sight and throwing about the remainder he's 'unfortunately' still within the normal range! LOL

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 5:10 pm
Oh god where to start.

He is a typical BOY.
Although he is now 3...but at 2 he was just starting to talk (was also on the slower side but he still babbled away in his own language and was very communicative - made sure I knew exactly what he wants).
He is really really active, doesn't sit still for a second, finds wrecking houses and pouring out toys and clothes funny.
He got and still does get to my makeup (nice linen stains from that, and pictures too Wink ), nail polish, markers, pens, crayons stuck into nails, forks in plugholes (yes he took out the protector first), escaped my house when I was sleeping by climbing over the gate!!!!
He is nuts but so so so cute. He has the funniest little questions and does NOT stop talking (now that he finally learnt how).

So yeh if you are tearing your hair out, totally normal.

rachel91

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 5:30 pm
Loves randomly running away on the street
Quite stubborn
Very soft sometimes, good to other kids, especially younger ones, but wild other times
Eats nicely
talks quite well
not too many tantrums actually, but when he gets upset he makes such a cute, funny face (like this literally Sad ), I can't resist this face.
He is a real boy, runs around, makes noises like vrooom etc., sometimes they fight about a toy, so it could get nasty.
My 3 year orld girl actually, is more nerve wracking right now, she is whining alot, when something goes wrong, this drives me crazy.

cs1

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 6:15 pm
Glad to be part of the club of delicious and very active 2 year olds Smile
My just turned two year old is just starting to form words. He has been in therapy for the past few months and bh seen progress.
he loves to anothe his baby till he cries and wishes he lived outdoors all day! Loves to playin the sandbox at the park.
he climbs up and gets into everything! Tzedakkah pushka, freezer, closets, turns over the box cereal and make up draw if I forget to lock it even once...
he has the cutest smile and loves to sing and listen to music.

gittelchana

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:48 pm
alwaybhappy wrote:
can you describe to me your 2 year old boy
I need to know if mine is 'normal'!
I am pulling my hair out!

Ahh. The cutest little boy in the universe!

tryinghard

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 9:56 pm
I really think he has a trouble magnet - if there is trouble to be made, he's there - and often it's not about the activity, but just because he knows we wouldn't want him to do - reverse psychology is about the only thing that works: If I want him to go downstairs, I have to tell him, "Don't you dare go downstairs!" The more irritating the behavior, the happier he is.
Singing, clapping and dancing literally all day long.
Very Bossy, very particular, and G-d forbid you accidentally fasten the top buckle of his carseat for him - NO I DO THE TOP BUCKLE!

yaeli83

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 10:24 pm
Trying hard- the top buckle of the car seat had me cracking up! My ds does that too.

Overall he is very active. Stands on his head on the couch, jumping all over, running climbing etc.

Too busy to eat at meal times...

He has stared not holding my hand in the street and tries to take off running... he wAnts to be independent... he climbs on top of my 1 yr old and tries to "ride" him...colors brown marker in his ear (I almost flipped out thinking his ear was crusted with dry blood)

Loves to bike, play outside, trucks, cars and play ponies with his older sister.

Overall he is really yummy, active, curious boy

asd3

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 10:50 pm
Constantly climbing on the kitchen counter to get scissors! And wants to ride his bike all day long. Loves getting involved in his brothers stuff and says the most adorable things
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics