Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Speedup pregnancy from 9 months to 1 month would you do it?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Imagine if the technology and medicine would enable you to speedup your pregnancy from nine months to one month would you do it?
Yes  
 44%  [ 70 ]
No  
 55%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 156

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:56 pm
I would not mind being pregnant a shorter while like 6 months to have the time to prepare. But would also want the option of not getting pregnant for the year following birth without the hassle of bc and hoping nursing will do better in a form of bc.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:33 pm
I think this would be a problem for me... One of my pregnancies I didn't find out until 7 weeks, and another wasn't until 5. According to this poll of one month, that would mean I'd find out I was pregnant sooner but only bec I'd BE IN LABOR! shock

kenz

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:37 pm
As someone who has had multiple miscarriages and HG every time, not only would I agree to this, I would pay a lot of money. It would be a dream come true - assuming, of course, that shorter pregnancies = healthy babies.

heidi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:44 pm
I throw up for 9 months with each pregnancy, but still wouldn't want to shorten it.
I love feeling baby move inside me. I love lying in bed "playing" with baby--push a body part and feel baby push back. I love knowing that I'm growing a human being. I love not having to hold in my tummy. I vote to keep it 9 months! (Thanks Hashem, I guess You know what You're doing!)

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 1:28 am
People who are worried about having kids too close together, have you never heard of birth control?

Anyway, I do enjoy the anticipation, the feeling of baby growing inside, etc, but the other effects of pregnancy are so hellish for me that I would be very grateful if G-d had made it different. Also considering the stress that creates for the rest of the family; even when I feel I can handle it (maybe) I still hold off because I know it means my kids will barely have a mother for almost a year.

That said, I would not go for any medicine/technology that would do this. I'd be too afraid that they don't know what they're doing enough to mess with the way G-d set it up. I just really wish G-d himself would do it differently, with the same perfect results!

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 2:14 am
I'd imagine we'd all get stretch marks if our tummies grew so much so quickly.

rachel91

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 3:50 am
seeker wrote:
People who are worried about having kids too close together, have you never heard of birth control?

Anyway, I do enjoy the anticipation, the feeling of baby growing inside, etc, but the other effects of pregnancy are so hellish for me that I would be very grateful if G-d had made it different. Also considering the stress that creates for the rest of the family; even when I feel I can handle it (maybe) I still hold off because I know it means my kids will barely have a mother for almost a year.

That said, I would not go for any medicine/technology that would do this. I'd be too afraid that they don't know what they're doing enough to mess with the way G-d set it up. I just really wish G-d himself would do it differently, with the same perfect results!

Obviously, I didn't write, that I'm worried, I wrote, that technically it would be possible to have kids 3 months apart, since birth control could fail bla, bla...

Heyaaa

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 6:16 am
I have one dd so not that much experience with pregnancy and could be the first time is the worst. However I feel that pregnancy took away almost a year of my life. People say that you need 9 months to prepare but I would be much happier if I could prepare without being all those hormones and with having more strength.

sunny90

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:58 am
No way! I need the time to adjust to the idea of having another child. And I love being pregnant! Granted, I have pretty average pregnancies. But I love knowing that I have this potential in me for another human being. I love feeling the baby moving. I love seeing the ultrasounds.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 11:00 am
This is where my "hamster theory" comes in. For those of you who don't know, a hamster's gestation period is only 22 days. When the babies are born, you have to separate them from the mother because she will eat them. I feel like after a labor and delivery, then a screaming baby and my mother in law, other kids, messy house, that lovely post partum bleeding, leaky breasts and all the other fun stuff that comes along with a new born, if I didn't have to put so much time and effort into growing the baby for so long, I would eat my baby also. The 9 months makes me want to stick it out and see where this kid will go.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 12:39 pm
I voted no, I need time to prepare mentally and emotionally.
But I have terrible pregnancies so I wish it was over in a day usually. I would take 3 months from month 3-7, those are my easiest months.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 5:05 pm
Yes!!!

I always tell my dh if you put me to sleep for 9months and woke me up with a baby I would have many more kids.

miami85

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 6:00 pm
9 months is too long, 1 month is too short--I'd vote 5-6 months.

acemom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:26 pm
miami85 wrote:
9 months is too long, 1 month is too short--I'd vote 5-6 months.

Without opening the thread, I thought the same. When I came to post I saw you beat me to it!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:43 pm
That depends. IME things done faster are also more intense. You can run a mile in ten minutes but I'd much rather walk that mile in twenty. In fact I'd rather walk three miles than run one. So if a one-month pgcy just crams 9 months of discomfort into 1 month of torture, no thanks! I'm the mother of twins, and while I saved a lot of time (9 months, to be exact!) the pgcy was no picnic.

Besides, anticipation is half the fun. You do need time to get used to the idea, plan, prepare. and SHOP.

bnm

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:01 pm
I get so sick from conception on. I test and get positives before day 30. I say 3 weeks of pregnancy is more than enough. Told my husband to pick a baby out from the Bitty Baby section of the American Girl catalog..... I keep telling him I would rather foster/adopt but he won't hear from it.

sungood

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 1:01 am
smss wrote:
my husband told me it says somewhere that when mashiach comes conception and birth will take place on the same day.

personally, I need some time to get used to the idea of another baby...

My husband just showed the same place where it says this gamurah shabbes. Pg31 side 2 also says that you will have kid every day

smss

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 7:23 am
ruchi89 wrote:
My husband just showed the same place where it says this gamurah shabbes. Pg31 side 2 also says that you will have kid every day

OMG he did not tell me that part! shock

proudema

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 9:58 am
No way. A person needs time to prepare for a new addition. One month is way too short. 6 months would be perfect tho.

Also I heard that when Mashiach comes there won't be any more babies being born as all the neshamos will be perfect and won't need to be brought to this world for Tikun. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what's correct.

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:57 pm
one month is more than enough to sign up for Amazon Prime and order everything you need. I can do it in 3 days.... 21 weeks to go. I have a dedicated bucket that my cleaning lady knows to replace by my bed every time she does my room, its that bad..... first time in 18 weeks that I cooked a home cooked meal which I then ate. This is my easiest pregnancy so far.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics