Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
No cheider for my son!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

frimamom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 6:23 pm
amother wrote:
Try Torah temimah. I've heard a few people that sent to eitz Chaim switched to there

Torah temima said no

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:26 pm
Stolin rocks! Smile

They are the nicest.......

frimamom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
Stolin rocks! Smile

They are the nicest.......

What type of ppl send there? Are there boys with curly peyis?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:30 pm
What about Veretsky?

frimamom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:31 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
What about Veretsky?

Veretzky had the class full last year already.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:32 pm
Yes, very nice mix of nice people in Stolin. Stolin is a very ehrliche chasidis. I think boys have payos there, not sure if curly or straight. Does that really make a difference?

frimamom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, very nice mix of nice people in Stolin. Stolin is a very ehrliche chasidis. I think boys have payos there, not sure if curly or straight. Does that really make a difference?

Curly isn't really the point. Do they wear the peyis in front of the ear or behind? Is not that it's much of a difference but I want my son to fit in where he goes

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:46 pm
frimamom wrote:
Curly isn't really the point. Do they wear the peyis in front of the ear or behind? Is not that it's much of a difference but I want my son to fit in where he goes

Could be that some wear payos in front or behind ears. Your main issue is to get ds into a good school. That is the big picture here. When you start focusing on these slight external matters, there is no end to it IMHO.

frimamom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
Could be that some wear payos in front or behind ears. Your main issue is to get ds into a good school. That is the big picture here. When you start focusing on these slight external matters, there is no end to it IMHO.

I didn't mean that all kids need go that way. I just don't want him to be the only one going like that.

bnm

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:53 pm
I had a similar issue- by the time we decided my kid is ready for a regular cheder it was way too late to apply. Husband didn't want to put pressure on the 1 place he really wanted so he is staying in special ed this year. If I have issues with the placement I'm planning on putting him into Bais Simcha or one of these type of places for the year.
also how did you get accepted to start in kindergarten in the first place? I was told these chadarim won't hold slots if you don't come to nursery.

Good luck with the applications.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:55 pm
I somehow doubt he would be the only one. But even if he is so what? How would that impact his life? Personally, I think you are over thinking this issue. Your ds will meet all kinds of people in his life. Must everyone dress identically? Time to give him a good head start.

frimamom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 7:59 pm
bnm wrote:
I had a similar issue- by the time we decided my kid is ready for a regular cheder it was way too late to apply. Husband didn't want to put pressure on the 1 place he really wanted so he is staying in special ed this year. If I have issues with the placement I'm planning on putting him into Bais Simcha or one of these type of places for the year.
also how did you get accepted to start in kindergarten in the first place? I was told these chadarim won't hold slots if you don't come to nursery.

Good luck with the applications.

I did not wait till last minute. About November time he was already enrolled. But the cheider closed 2 weeks ago. I dont understand why a cheider would do such a thing. how do they think all kids will find a new cheider so fast?

frimamom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
I somehow doubt he would be the only one. But even if he is so what? How would that impact his life? Personally, I think you are over thinking this issue. Your ds will meet all kinds of people in his life. Must everyone dress identically? Time to give him a good head start.

When he gets a little older I can teach him that those little things dont mean anything. At his age I cannot put him into a place where he will feel different.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:04 pm
frimamom wrote:
When he gets a little older I can teach him that those little things dont mean anything. At his age I cannot put him into a place where he will feel different.

Why are you projecting this onto your ds? He won't feel different. He's only 4 years old! He will be in a class with other 4 year old boys. That's really all that will matter to him IMHO.

monseychick

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:14 pm
frimamom wrote:
I didn't mean that all kids need go that way. I just don't want him to be the only one going like that.

I hope you get the place thats perfect for you.. But if your son needs to change his style of payos to fit in to an otherwise wonderful school will all life on this planet as we know it cease to exist...

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:17 pm
Diversity is beautiful...

http://www.baltimorecityschools.org/416

If you look at the pictures of this "school" carefully you will see a boy with long payos

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:
Diversity is beautiful...

http://www.baltimorecityschools.org/416

If you look at the pictures of this "school" carefully you will see a boy with long payos

Is that what they are calling dreadlocks these days? Smile

mommy of boys

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:44 pm
I can't believe that Munkatz didn't accept your son.
They have small classes and are always advertising for more kids.

I'm sure if you bother them even a tiny bit they will accept you.

Also, krasna has a very nice mixed crowd of heimish chassidish where you find all kinds.

Good luck and let us know what happens

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 8:45 pm
monseychick wrote:
I hope you get the place thats perfect for you.. But if your son needs to change his style of payos to fit in to an otherwise wonderful school will all life on this planet as we know it cease to exist...

OP You can always wear a shorter sheital.

piece

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 9:21 pm
what about Kaminetz, Torah Vodaas. Hatzlocha! I cant believe that Brooklyn has this problem of not having room to accept. Wow, times have changed.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers