Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Gadol book recommendation for my 14 yr

RBSMOM

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 1:02 pm
Quick we need a short, interesting an well written book about a Gadol. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 1:11 pm
All for the Boss comes to mind. Also, the In Their Shadow series which is shorter chapters on a whole bunch of gedolim.

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 1:23 pm
Rav Nosson Tzvi is great! Also Chanoch Teller has several that are much lighter and easier reading that some of the Artscroll bios (which are also very good) - And From Jerusalem His Word about Rav Shlomo Zalman comes to mind.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 1:48 pm
all for the boss and a tzadik in our time about r arye levin.
both books are long but are broken into short stories.
2 of my favorite books ever

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:17 am
My all time fave is A Tzaddik in Our Time about Rav Aryeh Levine. Written by Simcha Raz. I buy this book for Bar Mitzvas sometimes. The Dati Leumi public especially love Reb Aryeh Levine because he was the rav of the prisoners during the War of Independence.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room