Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City mini gt vs bumbleride indie

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 4:23 pm
I bought a city mini gt bec it's very lightweight & has a height adjustable handle & I thought it had decent tires. But the sidewalks here are very bumpy and my baby is getting really jolted on walks.
I see the bumbleride Indie has bike tires & is also pretty light- can anyone give me feedback on it?
Should I try to exchange the stroller? Or is there some kind of cushion to put into the city mini to minimize jolting?
Appreciate all info

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 8:06 pm
Anyone?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 8:39 pm
The indie has rear suspension and air-filled tires, so it will definitely be a smoother ride. It's a very popular stroller for many reasons. However, air filled tires means that they will have to be pumped up every once in a while. The stroller itself is a bit heavier and bulkier than the gt, and it doesn't fold as easily. It is considered a higher quality stroller than the gt.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 8:48 pm
let me start off by saying I love my bumble ride indie and twin indie. I do think that the city mini is the best for simple function, but I prefer the bumble ride a million times. It is certainly much bulkier and heavy, but it is the smoothest ride you will ever push. It's amazing. The seat is beautiful and roomy and the hood is amazing too. It's also. Pretty attractive stroller.

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 08 2019, 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 8:56 pm
How much heavier is the indie? And how do you pump up the tires?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:07 pm
It's weighty. Not down right heavy but it's not light. Go to a store and check it out. Practice folding it and lifting it. Pumping the tires is a joke. Comes with a pump and if you notice they are low you hook it over the air hole and pump a few times. Like a bike. The wheels really make it a smooth ride. I call it my Cadillac.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:11 pm
According to Amazon the bumbleride is actually lighter than the gt. But it is probably bulkier. Doesn't fold flat.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:14 pm
Double post

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 08 2019, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:02 pm
Yeah, looks like it's actually less heavy. The wheels are larger so it will obviously not fold as flat.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:36 pm
Thanks for the info! I would love to try it out but it's not available in toys r us, or any other stores that I can see only online. Where did u buy yours from?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 1:27 am
Where do you live? Buy buy baby usually carries it in store. Call before you go. Keep in mind that the store doesn't always pump up the air tires so you may be pushing around a floor model with flat tires. You can ask them to pump it up for you so you get a better idea of the push.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 9:08 am
I live in nj but it's not available in any store within a 50 mile radius....

Tekky

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 9:13 am
what about local jewish baby strores?

chicco

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 9:19 am
I bought my double on eBay and my single at a discount store in pa.

chicco

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 9:21 am
http://web.bumbleride.com/stro.....ry=us
Maybe one of these locations are close to you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics