Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Do I say something? time sensitive!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 2:13 am
http://www.janglo.net/componen.....d,361

Looks like Cafe Aroma lost it's Kashrus and I am supposed to meet someone there this morning. I am not sure the religious status of this person but I do know they are Jewish. Am I obligated to say something? If so, how do I say it? This is a potential employer so I don't want to blow it

kb

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 2:29 am
Are there any other places to eat/meet nearby? I think I'd make a decision once I was the person in real life. But perhaps call the rabbanut first to find out details?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 3:47 am
I don't have the number for the Rabanut nor do I have time/Hebrew skills.

How do I make a decision of whether or not to say once we're in person? And what exactly do I say? Help, I am SO nervous.

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 3:54 am
Did they pick the venue? If they chose where to meet and they don't mention anything, I'd probably say nothing and just drink plain water as needed. It's fairly likely that they're not going to eat anything actually treif despite the possibly temporary lapse in supervision/certification, and it's also likely they'd be eating there anyway regardless of your meeting.

However, this sounds like an AYLOR issue. What I would do is really meaningless.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 3:58 am
Which aroma is it? I was just there last week, at the one on yafo, and it was chasam sofer petach tikva. Maybe it's only certain branches that lost it.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 5:08 am
It says the one in mamilla which is where I am going

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 5:14 am
I'd say something like "Hey, did you hear the news about Aroma losing it's certificate? I don't know if that's going to be a problem for you, but I thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to meet somewhere else."

That way, if makes it sound like you are being really sensitive and considerate to the person you'll be meeting with, instead of sounding like you being whiny and complaining about the kashrus. (not that I think you are, but I think that it just comes across better if you state it as the other person's concern.)

Good luck with the interview!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 5:20 am
It's Mamilla! You're spoilt for choice! Easy enough to meet outside Aroma and say that you'd be more comfortable at, say, Rimon, beacuse you heard there's a kashrut query on Aroma Smile

shabri

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 7:10 am
It says malcha and hadar malls.

I don't see anything about mamilla.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 7:19 am
amother wrote:
It says the one in mamilla which is where I am going

Has the page changed from the time that you read it until right now? I see it saying the branches in the Malcha and Hadar malls, not in Mamilla. I also went to the original report, which was linked to from the jango post, and it says the same thing

מסניפי ארומה מקניון מלחה ומקניון הדר תלפיות

http://trailer.web-view.net/Sh.....6.htm

ETA: I did not see the previous comment when I wrote this one

itssimplyme

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 7:22 am
Just say by the way this place no longer has kosher status, does that bother you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions