Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleeping bag from what age?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 5:59 am
I'm expecting my second baby in October and I'm wondering when I can/ should put the baby in a sleeping bag/ grobag.

My first baby was born in the spring and I didn't put her in the sleeping bag until the Autumn when she was around 5 months.

This time I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to use a sleeping bag from early on, maybe after a month or so given that it will be cold when we get up in the night for feedings. I was thinking it would be easier to settle the baby back to sleep if I don't have to remove the bag.

What do you think? What have others done? From what age are sleeping bags suitable?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 6:12 am
amother wrote:
I'm expecting my second baby in October and I'm wondering when I can/ should put the baby in a sleeping bag/ grobag.

My first baby was born in the spring and I didn't put her in the sleeping bag until the Autumn when she was around 5 months.

This time I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to use a sleeping bag from early on, maybe after a month or so given that it will be cold when we get up in the night for feedings. I was thinking it would be easier to settle the baby back to sleep if I don't have to remove the bag.

What do you think? What have others done? From what age are sleeping bags suitable?

Use one immediately!! - It's great for moving your baby (also great for letting "big brother" holding the squirmy baby. And great in the carriage)

http://a-sale-on.com/wearable-.....bies/

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 10:16 am
Thanks for the link! I'm not in the US though.

Would you go for a sleeping bag rather than blankets?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 10:36 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for the link! I'm not in the US though.

Would you go for a sleeping bag rather than blankets?

I got a sleeping bag (not with arms) for a gift for my 4th child. I couldn't believe how much I loved it. So cozy for the baby - no openings for air. And so nice when the baby falls asleep in your bed and you want to move. (just don't forget to change the diaper at some time). And it was really so much better when I let the other kids "hold" the baby. When it was really cold I put a blanket on top of the sleeping bag.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics