Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ear Piercing for little girls in EY (Professionally)

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 3:56 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know of a sanitary, safe place I can take my two-year old to get her ears pierced in EY? I might sound neurotic, but I'm particular about this because I had mine done as a child in a jewelry store and had some complications from it. I think in the US you can get it done by a pediatrician. Is there a way to do that in EY?

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but pure gold is the preferred metal for starter earrings, correct? We have no known allergies.

Heyaaa

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 4:27 pm
I got dd ears pierced in shefa shuk at a jewelry booth by the main entrance. It is 100% sanitary. The only part that touches the ear is only ever exposed to air for the first time since the factory when the ear is getting pierced.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 2:35 am
Thanks for that suggestion. Do you know what's recommended for 2yr old ears - still pure gold right? Does anyone know of any medical facility that will do this also?

Thanks!

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 2:39 am
Also please educate me - how long do the first studs have to be left in? We're piercing her ears in honor of an upcoming wedding?

Heyaaa

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 3:42 am
14k gold is perfect. They give you a neosporine type of cream to put on twice a day. I got dd ears pierced at a little over 2 months. You're supposed to wait at least a month to change them but one of her earrings fell out a week after they were pierced and I couldn't find it within 5 minutes but I had an extra pair of brand new baby studs so I ran to put it in and she was fine.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 5:43 am
Just saw this on BabyCenter and am getting nervous to go to Shefa:

"Never take your baby to a jewelry store or shopping center to get her ears pierced. These places usually use piercing guns (rather than needles), which can't be sterilized. Workers are often inexperienced and receive little training or supervision."

Do you know if they do it with needles in shefa or any other sanitary place?

Thanks!!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 11:04 am
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics