Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Selling on Ebay

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 10:24 am
I have at least a dozen expensive platters and crystal pieces we got as wedding gifts, some of which we used once or twice and some which we never used. I was thinking I'd like to sell them on ebay but not sure it will be worth it. They are heavy, so shipping won't be cheap and I'm sure people will take that into account when decided how much they're willing to bid on an item. But also, since I am not experienced with the whole process of selling on ebay, don't have a paypal account, etc.... what amount of time will be involved it setting up the listings, monitoring the auction/ sale (not to mention packing and shipping)? Will it be worth it? Or am I better of donating this stuff and tacking a tax deduction?

Grandmama

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 12:43 am
It takes time and research, and a little work. Unless these platters are valuable, they will likely sell for very little. It may not be worth your while. I would take the stuff I don't want or need, and little by little give it away to friends and neighbors. Like sending a cake or a home cooked meal or food on one of them, and not asking for it to be returned...etc...First check and see what they sell for, and see if it's worth your time.

naftala

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 7:31 am
I sell a lot on eBay. It's not too hard to set up a paypal and eBay account. Putting together a good listing involves taking some nice photos and writing a detailed description, including all flaws. You would have to do to research on shipping and insurance costs, what the platters are worth, and estimating the eBay fees. Only then can you know if it is worth it. Sometimes there are people in your area with businesses dedicated to taking care of all of this for you. Otherwise, there may be a consignment shop in your area?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics