Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Dealing with inappropriate public behavior (4yr old)
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 7:03 am
amother wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear with what exposing at home was. When he needs to dress he has no problem walking around naked. Or after using the bathroom and he kicked off his pants while sitting would take his time putting it back on.. . Typical immature childish behavior that needs to be tought. However the fact that he can do it on the bus as a 'joke' worries me if other kids will tell their parent's. Bh my friends kid was smart enough to let us know right away. Dh spoke to ds and at first he laughed. We strictly warned him and so far so good today he actually made sure to close the bathroom door, because dh told him he his old enough to. He did get dressed faster after his bath...
Were not trying to ignore the problem just trying to handle it right without being to harsh on the kid or ourselves.
Again he is only an immature mischievous barely 4 yr old. And IMVHO we need to take that into consideration no?

I would be less worried about other people's impressions, and more worried about my child. If he is using his privacy to get attention, that would worry me.

I would speak to a professional about the best way to handle this.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 7:06 am
This behavior is concerning. I'm surprised that the school would even allow or dismiss it. If it would have happened at my school, the child would be suspended immediately (4 years old or not). Some parts of your body are private, and you should have definitely learned that by the time you are 4 years old (It's true that children will sometimes want to see what the opposite gender looks like, but that still needs to be addressed as a private area and stopped). I would consult a qualified mental health professional, and I would also let the school know that you are aware of this problem (so that if it happens they will have a pre-established form of communication with you).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers