Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Prince William and Kate expecting second child

blueberries

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 8:38 am
The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child.

Kensington Palace said that - as when she was pregnant with Prince George - the duchess was suffering from very acute morning sickness and was being treated by doctors at the palace.

The palace said the Queen and members of both families were delighted.

Prince William and Catherine's second baby will become fourth in line to the throne, moving Prince Harry further down the line of succession.

Prime Minister David Cameron, Labour leader Ed Miliband and the Archbishop of Canterbury were among those to offer their congratulations to the couple.

Analysis

By Peter Hunt, BBC News royal correspondent

For a second time, William and Kate have been forced to announce a pregnancy before the duchess passed the significant 12-week milestone.

For a second time it's because Kate is suffering from an acute form of morning sickness - though this time she's being treated behind palace walls and not at a private hospital with representatives of the world's media gathered outside.

The pregnancy has generated international excitement and will continue to do so but this impending birth will lack the constitutional significance of Prince George's arrival.

As things stand, the as yet unborn girl or boy isn't destined to be a monarch. She or he will occupy the same position as Prince Harry once did. His mother, Diana, used to call him "the back up".

Monday's announcement has performed one unintended but useful role for the Windsors. Headlines about the Queen's view of Scottish independence will be replaced by extensive coverage of a royal birth next year.

http://bbc.com/news/uk-29108010

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:03 am
Well, this time I won't be sharing a birth-day with the prince of England. Unless I'm also 11 weeks pregnant,w hich I highly doubt Very Happy

proudema

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:15 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Well, this time I won't be sharing a birth-day with the prince of England. Unless I'm also 11 weeks pregnant,w hich I highly doubt Very Happy

Maybe it will be a girl? LOL

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:50 am
Yay I loved how glowing she was with her first pregnancy and her maternity clothing are awesome!

ectomorph

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:52 am
Reading about her is my guilty pleasure.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 12:28 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Reading about her is my guilty pleasure.

Mine too!!

sequoia

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 12:39 pm
I do so hope it's a girl!

Growing

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 1:33 pm
Iyh by all who are waiting davening and hoping for a child!

itssimplyme

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 2:50 pm
I'm happy for them but to be honest I really don't care all that much

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 2:54 pm
I find it somewhat interesting, although the succession isn't as crucial as it used to be.

Do you have any idea how much of European history would have been different if monarchs had not had fertility issues or if a boy had been born instead of a girl?

etky

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 3:06 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I find it somewhat interesting, although the succession isn't as crucial as it used to be.

Do you have any idea how much of European history would have been different if monarchs had not had fertility issues or if a boy had been born instead of a girl?

Especially British history, even though ironically it was not one of the countries where the Salic Law ws enacted.
Anyway, one of my guilty pleasures is not reading about the Duchess but looking at pictures of her. She is definitely one of the most beautiful women in the public eye, in a wholesome way, and I love how she dresses.

acemom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:18 pm
etky wrote:
Especially British history, even though ironically it was not one of the countries where the Salic Law ws enacted.
Anyway, one of my guilty pleasures is not reading about the Duchess but looking at pictures of her. She is definitely one of the most beautiful women in the public eye, in a wholesome way, and I love how she dresses.

I agree.

mazal555

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:10 pm
I feel bad for her that she has such difficult pregnancies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics