Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Add doors to bookshelf

little_mage

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 7:53 am
Does this even exist? I'd like to add doors to existing bookshelves to try to keep my baby from pulling all the books off. We can't just not put stuff there; our apartment is too small. They're just the basic cheapo six feet ones.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 8:12 am
If you're handy and they're the right size, you could try cabinet doors from Ikea: Ikea cabinet doors. This would be the least expensive option that might look good.

Or you could try a company that makes cabinet doors, but this will be pricier: Keystone Wood,

Or you could put hooks on the bookcase sides and stretch bungee cords across the fronts to keep little hands from prying out the books. Doesn't look great but it's cheap...

Or you could make your own!

B'hatzlacha!

dGirl

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 8:55 pm
Ikea's Besta and Billy bookcases come in all different conglomerations if you're looking for new ones. You can attach swinging doors, flip up / down doors, sliding doors, and drawers. As for ones you already own, I have no answers beyond the suggestions already give, sorry!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics