Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What do you skip?
Previous  1  2

Emotional

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 3:46 pm
mandr wrote:
If you'd give only one bath per child, you wouldn't have this issue Smile

When I'm in a hurry I also skip proofreading my grammar Exploding anger

Blue jay

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 3:55 pm
mandr wrote:
To make life even easier, why don't you just hide the laundry in the machine?

Alright, now you are getting complicated.... Smile
This laundry bag is filled with clean laundry that should of been folded on Thursday!
So this is really about what I skip on Thursday that translates into Friday...

mandr

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 4:11 pm
Emotional wrote:
When I'm in a hurry I also skip proofreading my grammar Exploding anger

It was a joke. Sorry if it came out sounding bad.

mandr

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 4:12 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Alright, now you are getting complicated.... Smile
This laundry bag is filled with clean laundry that should of been folded on Thursday!
So this is really about what I skip on Thursday that translates into Friday...

Lol! I just thought it was laundry washed and dried on Friday so instead of taking it out and putting it into a basket, you could just keep it in the dryer.

Emotional

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 4:26 pm
mandr wrote:
It was a joke. Sorry if it came out sounding bad.

No offense taken Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 4:31 pm
I'm tempted to start a new thread: what do you skip on Friday that can only get done on Friday?

Emotional

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 4:37 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm tempted to start a new thread: what do you skip on Friday that can only get done on Friday?

See, it's like this.
In the winter, I often give baths Thursday night.
In the summer though, I figure a Thursday night bath is useless because the kids will just play outside and sweat all Friday .
Of course, if I end up skipping the bath altogether... Scratching Head

mazal555

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:23 pm
I skip doing my nails first. Then, I skip setting the table before candle lighting. If it's a really bad week I skip salads.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 7:51 pm
Unloading the dishwasher. Anything to do with dishes is my enemy.

cookiejar

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:27 pm
Calling my mother in law (brutally honest - ouch??)

pause

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:51 pm
mandr wrote:
I skip farfel if I'm too busy on Fridays. Although if someone would be so kind as to teach me how to make it in the oven, I guess I can do that since it's anyway on for the overday kugel.
It's really easy. Put the ferfel into a baking pan with a bit of oil, whole garlic cloves, spices whatever you like - I do salt, white pepper, and paprika. Pour in water about double the amount of ferfel. Cover. Bake for 30-45 min. on 350.

pause

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:55 pm
As for this thread, I'll skip dressing my kids shabbas'dig, setting the table with non-muktzeh items, laundry goes back into the dryer, and I'll do my makeup super speedy (1 min instead of 10)

shanie5

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:10 pm
I skip lunch at work. Then dont feel guilty leaving a bit early.

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:43 pm
I never do most of any of that....

I have skipped putting on a white tablecloth or clearing the kitchen table.

eschaya

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:52 am
Ouch. THis is embarrassing. Some of the things you ladies skip on busy weeks are things I never to! I have never ironed my boys shirts, don't polish silver (dh does that on erev yamim tovim), would never even consider friday a laundry day, and don't set the table before Shabbos (though I do lput on a tablecloth and flowers. I don't set the table b/c of DS who is 2 years old and can't leave a set-table set).

Feeling a bit inadequate now...

naomi6

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 1:36 am
That's what the Chatzos movement is all about that Azriella Jaffee started about 2years ago-you start preparing for shabbos early in the week so you can be all ready twelve o'clock Friday I guess one o'clock the longer days-like this shabbos is ushered in peacefully. You can bake farfel very easy and freezes in zip lock bags. Put in half cup oil salt black pepper garlic powder paprika 2 tblspn. sugar bake uncovered 12 minutes then add 21/2 cups water cover bake at 350 for one hour and ten minutes

wife613

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:44 am
I skip folding laundry and anything that can be done on shabbos itself (jewellery, putting away the washed up dishes, setting the table...).

mazal555

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:58 am
eschaya wrote:
Ouch. THis is embarrassing. Some of the things you ladies skip on busy weeks are things I never to! I have never ironed my boys shirts, don't polish silver (dh does that on erev yamim tovim), would never even consider friday a laundry day, and don't set the table before Shabbos (though I do lput on a tablecloth and flowers. I don't set the table b/c of DS who is 2 years old and can't leave a set-table set).

Feeling a bit inadequate now...

Well, if it makes you feel better I start making Shabbat no later than Tuesday so you are probably much more efficient.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:12 am
I'm at a point now where we can set the table earlier than the men coming home ;-) But at some point, maybe even during those years I did change the tablecloth on Thursday (with a heavy plastic) (should I go amother? I have kids in shidduchim). This a) set the the tone and b) relieved the pressure of having to change the tablecloth later if the table filled up again with extraneous stuff; cleaning the table was time-consuming enough.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics