Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How often do you listen to music?
Previous  1  2

sequoia

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:11 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
Almost never. I prefer silence.

Same.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:08 pm
I love music. It literally changes my mood, it comforts me, it is like my life line.
That said sometimes I need quiet so while I love blasting the local top 40 station whilst washing the dishes and cooking, sometimes with the kids crying, pots bubbling, kitchen fan going, it just gets too much.

When I am driving it is a necessity for me. I get into the car, ignition, music, seatbelt. Every time.

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 5:42 pm
In the car, often at home.

Almost always classical, occasionally instrumental jewish or acapella. I love modern classical or "new age" like Einaudi, but am also a complete Bach, Tchaikovsky, Mozart and Rimski-Korsakov fan. Not so into Beethovan.

I do love my strong female singers, like Annie Lennox and Emile Sande, but have to be more in the mood. Oh, and I adore old R&B, and blues, but again, I have to be in the mood.

I was totally brought up on classical music, other genres I have discovered for myself, but yes, music is very important to me.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:21 pm
I often listen to music while I'm in front of the computer, which is a lot of the day because I sometimes also do work on it. Not all the songs I listen to while reading this site make it into "What is your immediate reaction to thread titles", some would get deleted, some involve too much free association football.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:48 pm
Almost never. If there's a song I want to learn, I'll listen to it over and over till I have it down pat, after which I can sing it myself. I have a serious auditory problem which makes it difficult if not impossible to hear anything over background noise, and nice though music is, physiologocally it's still noise, even more so if there are vocals over the instrumentals. Background music at a dinner is not a pleasant addition to the ambiance but an annoying intrusion that interferes with my ability to carry on a conversation.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics