Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
No cheider for my son!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

avimom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:29 pm
Definetly try Ohr Moshe- as a therapist, I had a case there and was very impressed. Kind of a mix of kids but very warm. Seems to be what you're looking for too. I did hear, however, that they are looking more for kids on vouchers then paying kids (idk ur sitch...)

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:41 pm
OP, have any of these schools given a reason for rejecting your son? is this sheitel thing real or just your perception of it? If you've repeatedly heard that you don't dress right for the school, it may be something to think about. I'm not saying the schools are right for saying it, it's just the reality of the situation. I know many a people who shortened their wigs and/or lengthened their skirts for their kids sakes and made sacrifices in other ways such as getting rid of their internet and/or smartphones.

frimamom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:41 pm
avimom wrote:
Definetly try Ohr Moshe- as a therapist, I had a case there and was very impressed. Kind of a mix of kids but very warm. Seems to be what you're looking for too. I did hear, however, that they are looking more for kids on vouchers then paying kids (idk ur sitch...)

Do you have more information about this cheider? Or anyone I can ask for more info?

happimom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 10:25 am
They are full beyond capacity.
You should definitely try munkatch again.
You have to call and go down if you feel its the right place for you. Be persistent.
Good Luck!

frimamom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:16 am
happimom wrote:
They are full beyond capacity.
You should definitely try munkatch again.
You have to call and go down if you feel its the right place for you. Be persistent.
Good Luck!

Who is? And I am still trying to push Munkatch

frimamom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
OP, have any of these schools given a reason for rejecting your son? is this sheitel thing real or just your perception of it? If you've repeatedly heard that you don't dress right for the school, it may be something to think about. I'm not saying the schools are right for saying it, it's just the reality of the situation. I know many a people who shortened their wigs and/or lengthened their skirts for their kids sakes and made sacrifices in other ways such as getting rid of their internet and/or smartphones.

Some did, some didn't. And it's much easier said than done. Its my identity. It's what I am.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:25 am
frimamom wrote:
Some did, some didn't. And it's much easier said than done. Its my identity. It's what I am.

It may be time to look outside the BP Chassidish cheder system. Meaning, look outside BP. Look outside chassidish cheder. Look at schools out of BP, out of Brooklyn, and all together heimish, or warm, but not Chassidish. Break down the fences and look outside your comfort zone (where you honestly don't sound all that comfortable) - you might find a REAL comfort zone! You do not want to change who you are, and I don't blame you. I know you want your son to be chassidish when he grows up. Let me tell you, the game that these schools play is not true chassidis. That's not what its about. If you have a warm, loving home, and DH can sit with him and learn with him and supplement what he might be missing, and you can model what a true chassidish home and mother/woman is, and your husband is also a model, trust me, your son will follow you.

frimamom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:34 am
watergirl wrote:
It may be time to look outside the BP Chassidish cheder system. Meaning, look outside BP. Look outside chassidish cheder. Look at schools out of BP, out of Brooklyn, and all together heimish, or warm, but not Chassidish. Break down the fences and look outside your comfort zone (where you honestly don't sound all that comfortable) - you might find a REAL comfort zone! You do not want to change who you are, and I don't blame you. I know you want your son to be chassidish when he grows up. Let me tell you, the game that these schools play is not true chassidis. That's not what its about. If you have a warm, loving home, and DH can sit with him and learn with him and supplement what he might be missing, and you can model what a true chassidish home and mother/woman is, and your husband is also a model, trust me, your son will follow you.

You have a point. We are considering to send him to a cheider in Flatbush, maybe even move there. But it is very hard to leave what you grew up with and go somewhere new.

Maya

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:37 am
frimamom wrote:
You have a point. We are considering to send him to a cheider in Flatbush, maybe even move there. But it is very hard to leave what you grew up with and go somewhere new.

It is hard. But when it's the right thing to do, it is usually worth it in the end.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 1:34 pm
frimamom wrote:
Do you have more information about this cheider? Or anyone I can ask for more info?
I don't think you will fit in there. Despite what Avimom said, Ohr Moshe is actually one type, and I think they have a long list of tznius rules. Besides, I think it's the hardest school to get into. They mostly accept siblings. I heard they only accept kollel families, or where the father is in chinuch. And the families are mostly Emunas Yisroel type- extremely " frum" (for lack of a better term) .
What about Chsan Sofer?
And like I mentioned earlier, didn't Eitz Chaim have a breakaway school? Do they still exist?

frimamom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 1:48 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I don't think you will fit in there. Despite what Avimom said, Ohr Moshe is actually one type, and I think they have a long list of tznius rules. Besides, I think it's the hardest school to get into. They mostly accept siblings. I heard they only accept kollel families, or where the father is in chinuch. And the families are mostly Emunas Yisroel type- extremely " frum" (for lack of a better term) .
What about Chsan Sofer?
And like I mentioned earlier, didn't Eitz Chaim have a breakaway school? Do they still exist?

Still waiting for an answer from chsan Sofer.

I don't know what school you are referring to

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 1:51 pm
frimamom wrote:
Still waiting for an answer from chsan Sofer.

I don't know what school you are referring to

Tashbar

frimamom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 1:54 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Tashbar

Tashbar never opened in the end

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 2:07 pm
As a therapist, I've worked in many schools in BP. I think Gan Yisroel or Chsan Sofer are your best options. Otherwise, you can try Mosholu or Munkacz again. Other places that might work for you are Vien or Spinka. Would you consider litvishe cheders like Tiferes Elimelech, Yeshiva Ketana of Bensonhurst, or The Cheder?

runninglate

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 2:37 pm
I didn't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned, but did you try Veretzky?

frimamom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 2:50 pm
runninglate wrote:
I didn't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned, but did you try Veretzky?

Veretzky class was already full last year

frimamom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 2:54 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
As a therapist, I've worked in many schools in BP. I think Gan Yisroel or Chsan Sofer are your best options. Otherwise, you can try Mosholu or Munkacz again. Other places that might work for you are Vien or Spinka. Would you consider litvishe cheders like Tiferes Elimelech, Yeshiva Ketana of Bensonhurst, or The Cheder?

Vien only takes Vien. Spink I was told is not going to accept me.

Litvishe I don't think so. More like a heimish cheider.

exaustedmom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 3:13 pm
frimamom wrote:
Vien only takes Vien. Spink I was told is not going to accept me.

Litvishe I don't think so. More like a heimish cheider.

I really feel for you, but is it possible that you are a little passive?

Just because someone told you that spinka isn't going to accept you doesn't mean you shouldn't try! And also, even if you get a rejection letter in the mail, it doesn't mean anything. You have to call and go down and bug them. Use family or friends who send to anyone of the above mentioned cheder to vouch for you.

I personally don't send to Munckatch, but I know a few who do and it sounds like you would really fit in. I urge you to go down/call and find someone as well to push on your behalf.

Again, wishing you much hatzlacha. Please update us soon with good news Smile

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:53 pm
Did Eitz Chaim close completely, or for the younger grades its still open? I had high hopes for such a Cheder. What happened?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 12:33 am
Did you call Torah Mesora they put pressure and they get you in
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers