Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bosch vs. kitchen aid

aimhabanim

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 8:23 am
After many years of wanting a bosch I bought myself one about 10 years ago. It broke recently for the second time and it will cost close to 200$ to fix. I have been making my challah in my kitchen aid meantime and it comes out just as good. the only problem is not being able to make 5lbs at a time which I would like to do. I am considering getting a bigger kitchen aid and wondered if anyone as a 7 or 8 qt one and what their experience has been. thanks

loveit

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 8:31 pm
I have the big lift stand kitchen aid and while it may hold the whole 5 lbs bag of flour, the motor doesn't have the power so it turns itself off to prevent blowing the motor. Recently got a Bosch and for challah you just can't compare.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 8:38 pm
Anyone willing & able to compare Bosch and Magic Mill?
Are they useful for things other than making bread dough?
Which is easier to clean?
Which is easier to reassemble?
How do prices compare?
Which is noisier?
Which is more convenient to use?
Can you add ingredients while the motor is running withour splattering all over creation?
TIA.

Shabbossong

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:47 pm
zaq wrote:
Anyone willing & able to compare Bosch and Magic Mill?
Are they useful for things other than making bread dough?
Which is easier to clean?
Which is easier to reassemble?
How do prices compare?
Which is noisier?
Which is more convenient to use?
Can you add ingredients while the motor is running withour splattering all over creation?
TIA.
Just saw this thread and I'm very interested to hear anyone's answers and opinions on this! Anyone??

babula

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:51 pm
For large batches of challah you can't beat bosch. They don't make a kitchen aid that's big or powerful enough. For cake I use kitchenaid. For challah I use my Bosch.

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 12:11 am
aimhabanim wrote:
After many years of wanting a bosch I bought myself one about 10 years ago. It broke recently for the second time and it will cost close to 200$ to fix. I have been making my challah in my kitchen aid meantime and it comes out just as good. the only problem is not being able to make 5lbs at a time which I would like to do. I am considering getting a bigger kitchen aid and wondered if anyone as a 7 or 8 qt one and what their experience has been. thanks

I just bought a Bosch at BB&B on line. Paid $320 after 20% coupon. The good thing about BB&B is that they will refund your money what ever happens to the machine, no matter how long you've used it.

Second, which bowl did you use on the Bosch, to make challah. I was told that if you use the plastic bowl with the dough hook on the top, then you will burn out the motor. You need to use the metal bowl with the dough hook attached on the bottom.

babula

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 12:14 am
I have been using a plastic bowl for years without problems.

newmom770

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:27 am
Babula- is your dough hook attached at the top or bottom?
Which bosch does everyone get for making challah? The universal? What about the styleline range?

babula

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 12:07 pm
My machine is an older model. The book attaches at the top. I think it's universal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars