Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Paranoid= Clorox in baby eye

freshair

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 12:45 am
I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or there is actually something to worry about. I washed the bath tub yesterday with clorox and I left the baby seat in the bath tub. Then it started getting in my way so I took it out. My husband took a shower last night right after I washed it so I know for sure the bath was washed out. Today, I totally forgot that I washed the bath tub and gave baby a bath in it. I didn't rinse out his chair!!! And I pour water over his head. He is 5 months. Water for sure got into his eyes. Should I be worried about his sight? He went to sleep right after so I don't know anything.

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:28 am
He will probably be just fine. If there was anything on the seat it would probably have been very diluted in the water. I imagine if it were significant it would have felt irritating and you would know he was in pain.

Because I would also be worried about the toxicity of clorox, I stopped using it and having it in the house at all. Now I use only more gentle, natural cleansers and I don't have that concern. And I've stopped accidentally bleaching clothes too Smile

Bruria

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:42 am
Everything is probably fine, but if you are really worried you should call a doctor, just so you make sure.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:24 am
When my son sprayed himself with Clorox, he screamed in agony. And he hardly fit anything in his eye (based on the amount of clothes he ruined in the process!!)

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:46 am
I wouldn't worry. Dermatologists actually recommend putting some bleach into the kid's bath when the kid has eczema. They call it a swimming pool bath. The bleach is to diluted to be harmful, but it helps protect against infection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics