Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Help Me Choose a New Carseat

Tapuzi

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 12:37 pm
I was recently in a small fender bender and the other guy's insurance needs to replace my carseat, so money is not an issue. I do not have a minivan so I'd like the slimmest seat possible, I think. The child who would be using the seat right now is nearly 3 and small, I only recently moved him forward facing. Which harnessed booster should I get? A diono? The Britax Frontier 90? I really like that it has the new installation method so its secure when using the car's seatbelt since they now say you can't use latch when your child plus the seat are over a certain weight. I was also looking at the Graco 4ever since that lasts ten years and can be RF so if I needed a baby seat again I could use it and buy a cheaper booster for my 3 year old. Advice, please! Does anyone have a harness booster that would fit 3 across with a regular booster and a babyseat? Is that even possible? TIA!

busydev

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:10 pm
I have the radian. it is heavy and expensive but really narrow and works forever unless your kids are REALLY tall or overweight. I think it is the slimmest seat at 17 inches. its tall tho so if you use RF you should get the angle adjuster because it will save you about 4 inches. if you have a really tiny car it may not fit RF tho.

another option is the harmony defender from walmart- 17.5 inches, cheaper, only for FF and booster.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:59 pm
If slim is very important to you, go for the radian. It will last a really long time and you can't get more narrow than that. If you don't mind a few more inches of width, go for the frontier 90. Lots of cool features Smile You can't go wrong with either seat.

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:49 pm
What car do you have? My sister had an Impala with 3 normal carseats in the back, not any ultra-slim ones. She had twins and a single in there at the same time for quite a while till the twins got boosters.

Tapuzi

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 3:02 pm
Thanks, ladies. The Diono looks like the best bet since it can go RF as well. Gonna go with that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers