Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
UK (Hendon and GG) imamothers

hila

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:01 am
Does anyone know where there is a pool in Hendon/GG with separate hours open this friday or next?

I heard that the Hampstead Heath pond has a separate place for women. Is this practiccal or will it be too cold (for an Israeli Wink )?

How long will it take me to get there and back (from Hendon this friday and GG next week) ?

Any imamothers want to meet in Hendon or GG maybe on Shabbat ?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:35 am
I would never go to Hampstead personally. It's not particularly clean, it's quite public and cold. You can try Holmes Place Gym in Hendon, or LA Fitness in Golders Green, and even Copthall in Colindale. I'm not sure what the hours are but all of them do Ladies only I believe.

Re timing to Hampstead, it's not walkable from Hendon - by car it's probably about 10 minutes if there's no traffic.

hila

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:59 am
Thanks

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 5:32 am
I'm not from there but please don't go to hampstead heath ponds. they are so unhygienic they have no chlorine. Very dangerous!!

I used to absolutely love swimming (was a big swimmer when I was a child), but as I got older I started to get so many infections and a lot of it I reckon was caught from the swimming pool.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 4:50 pm
Not exactly in Hendon/GG but close enough, you have Finchley Lido which does womens only swimming both during the day and in the evenings several times a week.

Virgin Active in Hendon Central and LA Fitness in GG both definitely have womens swimming. Virgin Active in Hendon also has a ladies only gym. Though I'm not sure if you can use as a visitor. Maybe go as a guest of a member or call the clubs to see if they let you in as a day guest.

Copthall also has separate swimming--Fri mornings are what my DH calls "Rabbonim Swimming Hours".

Would love to get together but can't do shabbatot.

Welcome to London. If you're staying till next week, you'll be sharing the historical moment if UK as we know would dissolve post Scottish election...

ImaMum

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:11 pm
Hi
Don't know if this is of help but on groupon this week you can get 10 la fitness passes for £29 which you could use in la fitness gg rd to go to women only swimming.
This way you don't need a membership.
Otherwise I believe they charge £15 per visit for non members.
You'll have to look at their website for swimming timetable sorry can't link to it at mo.

ImaMum

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:27 pm
Here is groupon link http://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/l.....69293

Here is la fitness link http://www.lafitness.co.uk/gym.....swim/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics