Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Perl Abramovitz Parenting Workshops
1  2  Next

Victorious

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:38 pm
Can anybody share their experience with Perl Abramovitz's parenting workshop Confused

Ronit

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:40 pm
My sister went & is hooked!

Victorious

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:44 pm
Did she take the workshop in Person or on the phone?

joy613

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:49 pm
is she British? or am I thinking of the wrong person?

Victorious

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:52 pm
No, she is not British... as far as I know...

Ronit

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 1:59 pm
Both.

1st in person, & now she is part of the phone conference.

Chloe

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 2:03 pm
My friend who took her course has been very impressed by Perl Abramovitz.

Victorious

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 2:14 pm
I'd love to know what her approch is, and how peoople have gained from her....

miri123

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 10:56 pm
Victorious, with that username I would think you are advertising for her, LOL
I took her courses, I'm hooked, it is a learning curve and working everyday on yourself to help the whole family relationship.

mimishkl

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:02 pm
Can anyone give me a phone number where I can listen to a conference?

Thank you

happyone

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:02 pm
miri123 wrote:
Victorious, with that username I would think you are advertising for her, LOL
I took her courses, I'm hooked, it is a learning curve and working everyday on yourself to help the whole family relationship.

Yes, with that username it crossed my mind that you're advertising her or promoting her workshops.

rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:13 pm
Every parenting 'expert' has some nuggets of gold for you to take home. 'Mikol melamdei hiskalti'

I think a lot depends on how dysfunctional a home you come from. some parenting courses will teach you the basics from the ground up. Others provide you with some first aid; but without a good foundation you may not find the first aid effective in the long term. Perhaps you may.

Perl has a lot of good stuff to give over. Give her a whirl and see for yourself.

Some situations require more professional intervention; so much has to do with what exactly you are dealing with at home....

for run-of-the-mill parenting issues, Perl does a fine job.

As to the Brittish woman, you may be referring to Dian Friedman, and I think she's Aussie, not Brit.

I've taken both of these courses plus more and the next one I want to take is by Reb. Spetner. Please soemeone arrange it for us Americans! Can someone get her to agree to a teleconference? or webconference?

Some good books these parenting experts take their lessons from include Rabbi Wolbe's sefer; Haim Ginot's Between Parent and Child as well as Between Parent and Teenager; Miriam Adahan's works; and others that I don't have in front of me at the moment.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:35 pm
I thought she was pretty good. She is down to earth and she is a mother. She also gives practical advice.

Victorious

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:19 am
Thank you all for your reply... I am new to Imamother and find it really cool.
BTW... how does my username relate to her?

Victorious

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:42 am
I get it... I just called her no... and on their she has a childrens victory hotline... and I wont say my comments b/c I don't want to be accused of advertising her...LOL...

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 2:21 pm
to answer the question: I have not attended her workshop

Before taking any form of self-help workshop, it would be a good idea to find out the qualifications of the person in charge and who their haskamos are. There are many fine mothers, teachers & rabbis out there who call themselves professionals and become dispensers of advice. While a non-licensed nits/lice checker won't cause harm (I often wonder what university has licensed the lice checking"professionals" that I see advertised.), taking advice & making life changes based on advice or info received from a person with little or no credentials can be dangerous. Pseudo social-workers, analysts & parenting coaches who operate using their own experiences & life-wisdom , however well-intentioned, should probably be avoided.

What are Perl's credentials & does she have rabbinical approbation? (is that even a word?, correct me please)

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 2:31 pm
Credentials...? been there, done that...
I would be looking for credentials in real life... Too many people with credentials do not walk there talk...

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:25 am
I know this is very old but does anyone else have anything to add in this? And is there a number to call or website or anything to find out more about her classes? How much do they cost?
TIA

EBC

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 7:04 pm
Bump

amother

Post Sat, Dec 20 2014, 10:44 pm
Any one have any more info on this?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics