Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher in Paris

Jewish Mother2

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:18 am
We will be staying in Disneyland Paris for a few days, travelling back to Israel from CDG. We have an overnight stay at the airport and I wondered if anyone knows if there is any kosher restaurant anywhere between Disneyland Paris and the airport.

We'll have a car so we can go slightly out of our way although we don't know Paris at all.

Thanks for any information.

Jewish Mother2

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:20 am
Jewish Mother2 wrote:
We will be staying in Disneyland Paris for a few days, travelling back to Israel from CDG. We have an overnight stay at the airport and I wondered if anyone knows if there is any kosher restaurant anywhere between Disneyland Paris and the airport.

We'll have a car so we can go slightly out of our way although we don't know Paris at all.

Thanks for any information.

Another question - we'll be spending one day in Central Paris and we'd like to eat lunch and/or dinner in a kosher restaurant. I'm looking for recommendations (not overly-priced) for both meals - lunch can be a quick felafel type meal and dinner a bit more elaborate. If there is anywhere close to the Eiffel Towel and/or Gare du Nord that would be helpful.

thanks again

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:03 pm
No idea of the name but the BEST falafel I ever had was from a little hole in the wall on Rue des rosiers.

Otherwise there are many many kosher restaurants in paris. Ruchel can probably help you, maybe PM your qs to her.

mom in france

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 5:24 pm
A fantastic website is mangercacher.com. At the left it asks u to put in 'arrondisement' you write where in paris u want so eiffel tower is the 15th section of paris so u put in 15.
Also depends what hechsher u want...
In the 19th section you have a road called rue manin with kosher restaurants all around and bakeries ( you have TIBS restaurant.which has a good hechsher).I like taking my.kids there....

mom in france

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 5:26 pm
In rue de rosiers ( from what I recall, havnt been there in ages!) I remember korkarz has a good hechsher, prob some others too.

Jewish Mother2

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:05 am
thanks ladies - I'll look into all of these suggestions

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:00 pm
Belated but I PM'ed you about the first question. They're not exactly between CDG and Disney but your choices would be Sarcelles (actually slightly west of CDG), or 19eme (like the milky bakery place on Rue Manin, also good supermarkets and patisserie), possibly La Raincy (are there anything there maybe aside from pizzasushi takeout?).

As for something closer to Gare du Nord, you have several reasonable choice in 9eme, all near Poisonniere
(you can walk to Gare du Nord in about 15min). I like Itzaki, and the Italian milky place nearby.
Eiffel tower area is not really known for kosher restos but there's a lovely milky café called XXV (or was it Le XXV) in 16eme, which is less than 10min from Eiffel Tower.

With due respect, I won't recommend Ace de Falafel esp for someone who is visiting from Israel.
Coal, Newcastle...

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:24 pm
Mrs Bissli - she did ask specifically for falafel.

We ate in tibs and it was great. Smile Not super cheap though.

Jewish Mother2

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 11:00 pm
Mrs Bissli - thanks and yes I got your PM and I even more belatedly (sorry!) PMd you back. I looked up Sarcelles and it looks to be about a 25 minute drive from CDG so that would be a good option for our last night when we're staying at the airport hotel.

I'll look up the Gare du Nord options for the day we're spending in Paris as we're actually only going to be spending one day in Central Paris.

Raisin - I didn't specifically ask for felafel but it would certainly be a good lunch option especially for my kids although pizza and pasta places would also work well for them.

shabbat shalom ladies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics