Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Plastic surgery

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 9:33 pm
I'm in my early 20s. I've wanted to get my nose done for a while. But was to nervous when I was in high school. But now I'm at a stage in my life where I'm not scared and I want to feel better about the way I look. I have low self esteem and have been working on that. And I feel this would help the way I look and feel. Any experiences? Advice? Please share

flmommy

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 9:59 pm
look at website "realself" it has reviews on doctors and people ask tons of questions and support eachother. How does your DH feel about surgery?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 1:08 am
I had my nose job in high school when I was 16. I love my new nose, told my dh about it on our 4th date and I think his response was "I know".

I partially love my nose because it's not perfect. Some would even suggest I get another or a touch up. I like that it's not perfect because it's more natural. I had a hook which is now gone but the bulb of my nose is still slightly big. If it would be smaller I think it would have a plastic look

When we met with the doctor my mother said I don't want her having a sky slope and the doctor responded "that is not in my vocabulary". One of my mothers friends told me to make sure she can't see up my nostrils when it is finished....you can't.

It was painful but I can't say I remember the pain. Dry mouth was the hardest part of the recovery. I would constantly wake up having to drink (out of a straw because you can't lift cup to your face) because my mouth was lined with paper. (After surgery they gave me apple juice. It was the first time I drank it since I was 8 and it was the best tasting thing in the world).

After a few days I went in for a check up and they vacuumed my nose. THAT was painful and remember that even 15 years later. It felt like my insides were being sucked out. My mother told me after that she thought I would faint.

I missed about a week of school, because I wouldn't go with brusing or bandage.

My surgeon told me after that I must have broken my nose in my youth because 2 bones we fused together that shouldn't have. I also had a deviated septum. He fixed that.

An unexpected side effect was...from the time I was 7 I used to vomit every time I took a flight (anywhere from 4-6 times a year) it was very debilitating for a young girl, especially when flying alone. After my nose job it stopped. I figured out (because it came back during congested pregnancy) that when my airflow is bad I vomit. The nose job fixed that and I stopped vomiting on planes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics