Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 37  38  39  Next

abound

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:13 pm
Keeping you both in mind. May the new year bring you only happiness.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 9:38 am
I just sent you $150 via Chai Lifeline to help out with YT expenses.
Refuah Sheleimah! Davening for both of you

amother

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
I just sent you $150 via Chai Lifeline to help out with YT expenses.
Refuah Sheleimah! Davening for both of you

You should have lots of nachas and simcha from your family always...

Thank you so much

amother

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 2:40 pm
Obsessed Dancer, are you into complementary medicine at all? I know some people who are very impressed with Haelan, a fermented soy drink.

It's marketed as medical nutrition to prevent cachexia (weight loss associated with cancer and with chemo) but people have found it mitigates many chemo side effects.

If you are interested, there are a number of studies you can find by googling "haelan research" etc.

Hoping to hear good news!

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:14 am
Wishing you all a Shana Tova plus a quick update. We have a consultation appointment for next Tuesday in Columbia Presbyterian for a clinical trial in mouse drug testing. She had to be taken off all her chemo because her bone marrow couldn't take it. Keep her (as you always do) in special tefillos because we need a miracle.

On another note, while I always hate to ask, Chai Lifeline is getting ready to send us a check. They only send it once every few months when contributions accumulate. There is not that much in there right now, but once they send the check, they won't send another for quite a while. So if any of you were PLANNING to donate anyway and just didn't get around to it yet (no pressure), now would be a great time to do it, both for the New Year tzedaka and for our timing. LOL, plus yom tov is expensive for us! Here is the link again: https://www.chailifeline.org/e.....unds/ and be sure to mention our name in section 3.

Thanks so much,
Chasiva ve chasima tova!

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:19 am
Oh, also one more thing. I was going to start a new thread for this, bit I will put it here for those who know us. Please daven for Basya bas Chaya Miriam. She is KR's best friend, 18 years old, and going after yom tov for a mastectomy. She beat leukemia. But has a genetic disorder predisposing her to cancers. An amazing girl, with an unbelievable attitude.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:58 am
Davining for you, Kayla Rus, and your entire family that 5775 will be a year of brachot, good health, and only besorot tovot.

I gave a donation to your account in Chai Lifeline. Next year this time, may you be in a position to help others.

boysrus

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 12:04 pm
Thank you for updating us! With blessings for a refuah sheleimah bekarov! A gut gebentcht yahr to all of you
xxxxxxxxxx

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:10 pm
Refuah Shalaima!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:28 pm
My heart hurts for you.

Just donated $54 and I say tehillim for her (almost) every day!

Waiting to hear good news from you iyh

May this year only bring bracha and health and happiness and wealth!

exhausted

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:30 pm
I donated. My sincere wishes for a complete and speedy recovery to Kayla Rus bas Chaya Rochel and you and your husband as well. May the coming year bring only happiness and joy to your entire family and may you have Nachas from all your children. I wish for you that this should be the last time that you ever have to be on the receiving end. Gut Yom Tov!

Lizie22

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 2:26 pm
What is the name we should put in section 3?

exhausted

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 2:36 pm
Eisenberg

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 1:33 am
Amen on all your brachos, thank you all so much for your help! Yes, the name is Eisenberg. Smile

Chasiva ve'chasima tova to all of you!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 2:31 am
I donated. Hope you have a Shana tova with health wealth and happiness for your entire family and for all klal yisrael!

boysrus

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:07 pm
I hope yomtov went well for you, obsesseddancer. I was davening for Kayla Rus for a good, healthy year and a refuah sheleimah. May all of our tefillos be answered speedily!

For those imamothers who want to donate, I just want to bump up obsesseddancer's paypal address for those who want to donate through paypal instead of through chailifeline. The paypal address is obsesseddancer@aol.com.

We look forward to hearing good news!
Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

happy12

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 11:28 pm
boyrus - thank you for the paypal info. Just sent money through paypal. I never knew it was this easy.

boysrus

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 10:30 pm
happy12 wrote:
boyrus - thank you for the paypal info. Just sent money through paypal. I never knew it was this easy.

I am so happy that I took the time to repost the paypal information then, happy12!

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 6:16 pm
Thank you all so much for your generosity. I hope you had an easy but meaningful fast. Just a quick update on our Columbia consult. The mouse testing is not possible at this time because she would need to have a biopsy and until one is indicated for other reasons, they don't do it just for the mouse testing, as it is by no means fool-proof. There was another clinical trial for a new drug that we wanted to get in on, but her liver enzymes were elevated and if they are not back to normal by tomorrow mornng, she will lose her slot on the clinical trial, but we still may be able to get the drug as an off-label. So whatever Hashem wants. I give up, I don't even know anymore what to ask for.
Except, from you guys, on an entirely different note, I wanted to request a different kind of donation, if you don't mind. Does anyone have a good sheitel they are no longer using and would be willing to send us? It would have to be human, shoulder length or longer, medium to dark brown, with a real part. We had a situation where Kayla Rus needed to recolor her sheitel because of oxidation, and she couldn't leave the house while it was being done because she won't wear anything else. I am hoping for an alternate that can be styled like hers. Also, early on in her diagnosis, one of you from this forum gave me a human hair fall, which I love, and I would love to get a real sheitel like that, as I have only worn cheap catalogue ones and have just about given up and started wrapping tichels instead. If you have one sitting in a drawer, we could both use it! Thanks so much for indulging me.
I hope everyone was written down and sealed for the best new year, and I wish you all a chag succos kasher ve'sameach.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 6:20 pm
Repost your request in the sheitel forum.

I wear a red sheitel, so that's no help, but I'm sure someone can help you out!

May Hashem hear all our tefillos for your precious daughter and send her a miracle this year! Hug
Page 14 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed