Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where are you from?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 9:48 pm
I was born in Mexico City to a traditional family (no Shabbos or kosher aside from meat) then my parents started keeping Shabbos, eating more kosher, they moved us to the forum school which used to be a big mix of everything and became more 'yeshivish'
I went to bais Yaakov of Denver for 2 years in high school and married a yeshiva guy from a very from, sheltered family.
He's in kolel and we are what's considered yeshivish but we are more open minded, have Internet, dh is pro Israel, I dress more modern...
Drugs? Never even thought of that! Both my parents smoke cigarettes and occasional alcohol on Shabbos and such but that's all

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:53 pm
from Mexico City too.
I grew up bnei akiva, married a otd charedi on his way back, now yeshivish
never smoked anything

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:11 pm
grew up in Ny in a a drug infested neighborhood. Although I never tried drugs myself from an early age I was exposed to drug paraphernalia that could easily be found o the floor of many buildings in my neighborhood. I witnessed many drug busts and outcomes of drug related shootings. Growing up I went to BY..never knew what labels were until I moved to Brooklyn..we were just regular frum people growing up.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 11:36 pm
I was born and raised in the LA area. Grew up in a reform Jewish family. In college when I became involved with Jewish Life on campus (Hillel and chabad) I found out I wasn't halically jewfish because my mom converted reform. Right after college I an orthodox conversion. Less than a year later I met my husband on an online Jewish dating website. He's a BT from Central America. We now have one child and still live in Southern California. I'd say we are modern orthodox. My husband loves movies. I cover my hair (sheitel for work, scarfs and hats on weekend), only wear skirts and cover my elbows. Sometimes where stockings, can't stand wearing them in the summer heat. We keep strict kosher (although not chalav israel, hard to get where we live), and my son goes to the local dayschool.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:28 pm
from Antwerp born as a Belzer and will die as a belzer chasidiste (till my 120 years)

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:22 pm
Nice seeing so many corners of the world come together here!
As for me:
Raised, married and still live in Vienna Austria (with some teen studying years overseas)
No drugs
Occasional drink
Chassidic but very open minded and worldly
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics