Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
When does your first grader wake up and start school?
Previous  1  2

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 6:43 am
your kids have the same length school day as mine. 8:40am-3pm vs 7:30am-1:50pm

I've noticed in general Israelis often seem to start the day earlier. Maybe its to do with getting work done before it gets too hot?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 9:09 am
Raisin wrote:
your kids have the same length school day as mine. 8:40am-3pm vs 7:30am-1:50pm

I've noticed in general Israelis often seem to start the day earlier. Maybe its to do with getting work done before it gets too hot?
True, but I would much rather they start an hour later and come home an hour later. Its just so early for a 6 year old Smile

fmt4

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 9:31 am
My son doesn't have to be at the bus stop till 830, but he is ALWAYS up by 7. Who are these children who enjoy sleeping in???? I wish lol

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 10:39 am
Where I live, first grade starts at 9:00 for girls so they go at 8:20'ish. Boys of kiteh alef/bais start at 9:30 and the bus here is at 8:55. however Mendy is in a special ed school which starts at 8:10 so his bus is at 7:20. I can't tell you how hard that was for me in the beginning - I have to wake up at 6:45 which is very early for my neighborhood, where as I said, kiteh alef and bais only have an 8:55 bus normally. 7:20 is for kiteh vav and zayin, an age where boys can dress themsleves and get ready for school on their own, whereas I have to dress my son and take him to teh bus. But it's better than 6:30 am - that's when the bus routes usually start for special ed.

OneSource

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 10:46 am
Maybe my kids are just special "Roosters" because they're up at the crack of dawn (and sometimes before that!) Both of my kids wake up on their own before six a.m. but my daughter, who is in first grade, goes to bed around 7:30 p.m. so it's understandable. My other child is a one year old so he's just up whenever he feels the urge... As a family, we're all up and out pretty early. My husband and I are gone by 7:30 for work and my daughter is starting bus soon so she'll have to be out at the bus stop by 7:20 for school to start at 8. The baby gets to stay home with a nanny so he just stays in pajamas and in the house.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children