Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Learn to Skate Class for Kids at Aviator This Fall

vivic01

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:09 pm
Hi, just spreading the word if you're looking for something to do with school age kids on Sundays.

Aviator Sports and Events in Brooklyn NY is offering a Yeshiva Girls only learn to ice skate program. See the flier for more details.

Its $250, with discounts for siblings. Runs for 10 weeks at a time. Only female coaches, jewish music played. I've done it with my daughter and we've really enjoyed it.

Can message me with any more questions.Web Page Name

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:34 pm
I was the instructor for that class several years back , ive taught skating for years to many different groups, ages and ethnicities. I hate to say it but that was by far one of the worse groups I taught Sad. The girls were unruly, disrespectful, extremly and inappropriately nosy, and for the most part didnt take it too seriously. It was dissapointing to see yeshivah girls in this way. Ive met other coaches over the years who have had the same experience. Instead of the outside world seeing how beautiful our religion is they walk away feeling the opposite . Wake up kids and realize you get what you give . Everyone no matter who they are deserves to be treated with respect..

vivic01

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:42 pm
Inherently, I agree with you. This is an issue that our children need to work on wherever they go - being "mikadesh shem shamayim" and not, chalilah, the opposite.
I do feel that the schools and parents are doing a little better of a job reinforcing that. Last year we had plenty of BY students at Aviator and they were very well-behaved and overall reflected positively on the community.

Besides all that, it really is a great program - good exercise and a fun way to socialize.

bobeli

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 6:58 pm
is it good for 4 years old?

vivic01

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:06 am
Sure!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children