Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Murder of Klinghoffer at the Met

Kfar

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 2:41 am
There will be a protest of this Anti Semitic "art" praising pali terrorists and blaming paraplegic Jews for all the evils in the world on Monday starting at about 4:30 This is in NY, don"t stay home!! Come out and make yourself heard especially since the producer is the son of a NYT editor who apparently was obsessed that his son be a musical genius (apparently not).

DO NOT JUST SIT AT HOME -- NEXT TIME THEY WILL BE COMING FOR YOU!!!

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:20 am
Here's a link for those like me who had to google around to figure out what you're talking about http://www.newyorker.com/cultu.....oblem
(blaming paraplegic Jews....huh?)

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:35 am
When I heard a few years ago they were making an opera out of this incident, I thought it was a joke.

This is really sick.

ora_43

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:10 am
To be fair, there are some really good musicals that sound like sick jokes. Assassins and The Producers come to mind (singing about wanting to murder the president? Jews trying to make money off of a Hitler-themed musical?).

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 7:39 am
ora_43 wrote:
To be fair, there are some really good musicals that sound like sick jokes. Assassins and The Producers come to mind (singing about wanting to murder the president? Jews trying to make money off of a Hitler-themed musical?).

Okay, fair enough.

morah

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 8:43 am
I am going with my students. Since it will be at the end of the school day, we put up a sign up sheet, b'h about 2/3 of the students signed up! This is beyond The Producers- that was just offensive humor. This opera could have been written by Goebbels himself, ymsh. It's sickening that this is happening in NY...

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 8:45 am
I understand why you're taking your students - it's good to study offensive material. But I cannot get past that you're taking all of these students and putting all of this money into the producer's pockets.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 9:11 am
I understood that morah was taking her students to the protest, not to see the show. (That would be an $$$ outing!).

morah

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 9:21 am
Mimisinger wrote:
I understand why you're taking your students - it's good to study offensive material. But I cannot get past that you're taking all of these students and putting all of this money into the producer's pockets.

Sorry I wasn't clear. We are going to the protest, not the show!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics