Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Creamy, chocolatie, iced coffee recepie?
1  2  Next

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 1:53 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for iced coffee/cappuccino sort of drink (like from Dunkin Doughnuts or bagel shops) that I can make at home? Trying to save money! I am looking for something with coffee, but not too strong of a coffee taste. Thanks!

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 2:30 pm
watergirl wrote:
Does anyone have a recipe for iced coffee/cappuccino sort of drink (like from Dunkin Doughnuts or bagel shops) that I can make at home? Trying to save money! I am looking for something with coffee, but not too strong of a coffee taste. Thanks!

Here's my version (it is a low cal one -- if you don't need that you can substitute whole milk and sugar)

1 scant teaspoon instant coffee
1 tablespoon sweetener (I use Stevia)
1 heaping tablespoon full sugar free hot cocoa mix (the milchig kind - Kosure is best)

Put the above into a blender (not stick blender -- the kind with a stand). Add a quarter cup of very hot water and 1 cup skim milk. Add 9 ice cubes (these are based on a standard ice cube tray -- you might need more if yours are small).

Blend on low for 30 seconds, then turn to high and add a little more hot water (until the mixture moves freely) through the top . Blend on high for 1 minute.

Enjoy. Adjust amounts of water and ice to get the consistency you want. This makes a lot.

I have this for breakfast every day.

carmelita

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:07 pm
I can't remember which cookbook has the recipe but I know it had a nice scoop of chocolate ice cream mixed into the coffee and then blended.

November

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:11 pm
Yum! Does anyone have a recipe that is yummy and pareve? Thanks!

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:12 pm
November wrote:
Yum! Does anyone have a recipe that is yummy and pareve? Thanks!

I have made the above pareve by subbing almond milk and pareve hot cocoa mix -- not nearly as good though.

benny

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:19 pm
Best recipe:

1 red milk (the trick to CREAMY)
1/4 c coffee
1/2 c sugar
1/2 pack chocolate pudding
Blend

Add ice

November

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:22 pm
benny wrote:
Best recipe:

1 red milk (the trick to CREAMY)
1/4 c coffee
1/2 c sugar
1/2 pack chocolate pudding
Blend

Add ice

Benny, what did you mean by red milk. Real milk, maybe?

mommy1108

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:23 pm
how about making a chocolate milkshake with choc ice cream and milk and then adding either espresso or spiking it with coffee liquer..... yum

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:27 pm
November wrote:
Benny, what did you mean by red milk. Real milk, maybe?

The full-fat bottles of milk usually have red labels (at least the chalav yisrael brands) - so they are referred to as "red milk."

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:29 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
The full-fat bottles of milk usually have red labels (at least the chalav yisrael brands) - so they are referred to as "red milk."

Many of the US brands of Cholov Yisroel put red caps on whole milk and therefore in those places, people refer to it as "red milk". I believe that is the case of the east coast brands.

Coincidentally it is also the cast of Lamer's Cholov Yisroel milk common in the Midwest, West Coast and elsewhere, but in that case the colors of the other caps do NOT match.

ROFL

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:02 am
Since this is cold would it make a blender dairy? Or do you need a different blender for dairy ?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:11 am
ROFL wrote:
Since this is cold would it make a blender dairy? Or do you need a different blender for dairy ?

I don't know, but I have a separate blender jar and blade set for milchigs.

ROFL

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:42 am
I used to have that in A very old blender But not in my new one. Maybe I just have to go to the basement and see if I didn't throw out the old ones.
This receipt looks great and I can't go and buy one because they always make it with sugar and I am off sugar nowadays

sky

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 10:43 am
I find adding pudding mix makes a creamier milkshake (and allows you to keep it lower fat\calories.)

ice coffee

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:21 pm
Do you put in a whole bottle of red milk?

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:45 pm
Thanks all! So if I don't want it to be blended, will it still taste ok if I just use cubes?

benny

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 7:58 pm
Yes red milk is whole milk Smile

The whole bottle 1/2 gallon size.

If you don't blend it just make sure you mix very well so it doesn't havepieces In it from the pudding and coffee.

Barbara

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 8:03 pm
watergirl wrote:
Thanks all! So if I don't want it to be blended, will it still taste ok if I just use cubes?

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just add chocolate syrup to iced coffee?

penguin

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 8:05 pm
I have a great recipe, but if I told you.... I would lose my anonymity. You could try posting this in a forum that allows privacy...

ROFL

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 2:03 pm
Just dug out my milichig blender and made this. Thank you all! It was heavenly !
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals