Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Frum drug pushers???
Previous  1  2

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 11:45 am
faigie wrote:
@ValleyMom
................Lashon Hara ??
These men are out to poison Jewish children, and other children in the area, with drugs!!! We should know exactly who they are, and keep our kids FAR away from them!!! This is an issue of hatzalat nefashot!!!!
As far as the money given by the Rubashkins,,,,, moneys were donated FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE. And that purpose did not include springing drug pushers!!

You can't control what happens to money after it is donated.

Happy2B1

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 1:25 pm
faigie wrote:
What I really dont get, is why the Rubashkins gave money to bail the guy out? Werent they raising money to pay their own legal fees???? Werent they asking for donations to cover their relatives bills?

There's more than one rubashkin family. The one who bailed this guy out is not the one raising money...

This story is super sad and moshiach must come now!

someoneoutthere

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 2:30 pm
faigie wrote:
@ValleyMom
................Lashon Hara ??
These men are out to poison Jewish children, and other children in the area, with drugs!!! We should know exactly who they are, and keep our kids FAR away from them!!! This is an issue of hatzalat nefashot!!!!
As far as the money given by the Rubashkins,,,,, moneys were donated FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE. And that purpose did not include springing drug pushers!!

Who on earth decided that the bail monies were from the funds donated for Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin's lawyers fee/retainer?? There are plenty of others with the same last name as him, who are his cousins, and the amount for bail is a few thousand it seems, something a businessman would probably have access to to put down

broken telephone much?

It's one thing to say: look, these guys are dealing drugs- a potential sharing l'toeles. Its another to start getting into who, exactly, put up bail...when the details are just vague ennough to create motzi shem ra....

Imogen

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:05 pm
Next time you hear of grotesque landlords ripping off the poor and needy, or drug lords revealed to be so called frum Jews, show them what you think, shun their attempts to buy our silence by refusing their bribery to ingratiate their way into our community, that means saying no to their donations and posturing, easier said than done!! I have lost track of the number of frum men in court being given good character witness statements by rabbonim and charity leaders, if you know someone is suspect and then their money is tinged with the suffering of others, you have a duty to say no!

marina

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:53 pm
ally wrote:
I don't know.
I think this type of attitude is a dangerous slippery slope.
When I hear Jews from a certain sect speak about "sh**rtzes" in a derogatory manner, I don't think - well, their views are understandable because they grew up in a neighborhood with a lot of violence and crime. I think that they are racist and bigoted.
So I don't see why I need to judge non-jews "favourably" in this sense. I should not have to explain that there are good and bad Jews. And that just because some Jews commit crimes that fit racist stereotypes, it doesn't mean the stereotypes have any truth or validity. These things should be a given.

Of course, that is not to say that we do not have a responsibility to act morally, and not cause a "chillul hashem". But I think this is separate from anti-semitism.

If you did, though, you'd have a more thorough understanding of how racism works and a better chance of figuring out ways to decrease it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics