Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cheap tickets to israel

amother

Post Sat, Jun 14 2014, 11:26 pm
Would love to go to Israel for sukkot (don't we all?) But the pricing I am finding is way over $1000. Anyone find anything under $1000?

Shoshie

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 12:21 am
Where do you live?

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 3:08 am
You can sign up to get alerts from Dansdeals whenever a cheap flight comes online. But it doesn't frequently happen for peak travel times like Sukkos and Pesach, unless you are very flexible with your dates (like if you can leave before Yom Kippur, or are willing to come back a week after Sukkos).

Recently the cheapest tickets from the NY area have been on Turkish Air with a stopover in Turkey. From other cities (like Chicago, Washington, LA, etc.) some of the American carriers (I think specifically Delta and United) have been running the best rates. I think Iberian Airlines (based in Spain) has had some good rates from Miami. So it will depend where you are coming from as well.

But again it depends a lot on the dates of your ticket.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 4:24 am
Flying through Russia and the Ukraine are the cheapest routes. check the political situation first.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 4:26 am
Sometimes flights through Turkey on Turkish Air are cheaper.

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 4:35 am
DrMom wrote:
Sometimes flights through Turkey on Turkish Air are cheaper.

Yes, that's what we have found recently also. From the NY area Turkish Air is often cheaper than even the Russia/Ukrainian route -- and it is probably safer, too.

Turkish Air also is one of the few airlines that still allow a free second bag to Israel.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:50 am
We live in Maryland, so would prefer to leave through Washington or Baltimore, but if it is that much cheaper would drive to NY.

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:58 am
amother wrote:
We live in Maryland, so would prefer to leave through Washington or Baltimore, but if it is that much cheaper would drive to NY.

Then I would definitely repeat the advice to follow DansDeals -- he often finds good deals from Washington. I don't remember off hand which airlines, though.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 9:12 am
You don't have to drive to NYC, but I doubt you'll find the best deals from DC or Baltimore. I would advise you to look into Philly, from which Dan often posts deals. You should also check kayak.com daily, and try to be flexible with your dates - I.e. arriving the day before Yom Tov and leaving the day after will be much more than getting there a few days early and leaving a few days later.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 3:53 pm
There's round trip for $660.
http://dealsmaven.com/nyc-tel-.....-369/

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:19 pm
Just purchased for December!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
Just purchased for December!

Congrats! Very Happy