Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
9 month old night wakings, early rising

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 1:38 pm
I am a FTM to a beautiful, precious 9 month old and I am at my wits end! I have not have one full night of sleep in close to a year now. He wakes up on average 3x at night and wakes up at 4:30 AM or on lucky nights at 5:30 AM and will not or takes forever to get back to sleep.
I have no "sleep trained" him through crying it out as I am more into attachment parenting.. However NOTHING has worked for us. We tried co-sleeping.. but he sleeps better in his crib in his own room. I still breastfeed him. he won't take a bottle. I am a SAHM and have no one else to watch him, besides my husband who helps on weekends. I tried "gentle" sleep training with the sleep lady but he cried bloody murder and I just couldn't handle it.... But I am at my wits end!!!! I feel so alone, everyone with their "perfect" babies that sleep through the night, and my son who wakes every few hours and won't go back to sleep at the crack of dawn.
What does a mama do???!!!!

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 1:52 pm
It's totally normal to wake up a few times at night to nurse at that age. Babies that don't are the exception, not the rule. So first acknowledge that what your child is doing is absolutely expected.

What time does he go to sleep for the night? What is his nap schedule during the day?

IMHopinion

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 1:57 pm
Yes, Totally normal..

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 2:03 pm
Giving a bottle of formula before bed and regular solid food help my baby sleep through the night.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 7:33 pm
How do you mamas deal? Bedtime 7 pm

be good

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:00 pm
my 9 month old also nurses 2-3x per night… I was going to post something similar.
I am with you!

sweetpotato

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:11 pm
My 12 month old still nurses 2-3 times per night, but wakes up closer to 6 am most days.

Has your baby been waking up this early for a long time, or is it a recent phase?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics