Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Baby Gift for Europeans

Dina_B613

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 6:00 pm
I want to get my friend who lives in Europe a baby gift! They live in Poland. If you're European, what baby things are hard to find in Europe? Or are there any companies in Poland or Europe that I could get to send something to them from there so shipping doesn't cost a mint? I'm friends with the baby's dad and know the mom a little bit, so I don't want to get anything too personal. Any thoughts? Ruchel?

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 3:47 pm
Unfortunately I can't tell you what is hard to find in Poland, the same way a NYer may be unable to tell me what's hard to find in Dallas if she's never been there... wish I could help more. Amazon sends all over though.

ImaMum

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 4:35 pm
Umm... why do you think Europeans are any different to other people that have babies??
Mazal tov to your friend, if you're that concerned what to buy, why not ask the new mum or dad what they need/want?

chaj

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 5:23 pm
ask the parents. however, some things with good quality might be expensive as they are imported. so they just might be happy about that.

Raisin

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 5:45 pm
I have no idea what shopping is like in Poland. You can probably send her something from any european amazon site. Amazon.co.uk is in english but there are also french and german and other amazon sites if you can figure out the language barrier.

Next, marksandspencer etc ship europe/worldwide also.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 8:09 pm
Also you may want to check if there is going to be an import duty or customs charges for shipping goods to another country. Someone actually sent us a gift, but I had to decline and send it back as the postal office here wouldn't release the package unless I pay rather expensive duty (which was probably more than what the gift would have cost).

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 6:40 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Also you may want to check if there is going to be an import duty or customs charges for shipping goods to another country. Someone actually sent us a gift, but I had to decline and send it back as the postal office here wouldn't release the package unless I pay rather expensive duty (which was probably more than what the gift would have cost).

we've ordered stuff from french or german amazon and not had any extra taxes. I don't think that is an issue between EU countries. Poland is in the EU.

Dina_B613

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:38 pm
Thanks to everyone who gave a HELPFUL reply. I was hoping to surprise them by finding them something American or something that is hard to find in Europe.

But, ImaMum - Sheesh! Do you realize that I posted this question trying to be nice (to my friends) and that your response comes across as nasty? IMHO - If you don't have anything nice to say, don't type anything! Responses like yours are the reason why people post these things under 'Imamother' - which I almost did, but then thought of myself, why would anyone give me a snotty answer? Next time, I'll be amother
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics