Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Advice please

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:30 pm
I starterd working in my kids school last year As a book keeper when I started working I told my boss not to pay me but to take care of my kids tuition all 3 of them he agreed but know that I'm going in too second year I want to start getting paid I spoke to my boss and he said no problem and asked me how much I want with very little experience about how much I should be getting paid what do I tell him ??

kb

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:32 pm
I don't know - but in addition to the tuition? Or instead?

How much was he (in reality) paying you last year - how much is tuition for your three kids a month?

debsey

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:59 pm
What does tuition cost? figure out what your salary was by dividing that by the hours you worked. Then add 10% to the amount.
debsey

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:56 am
debsey wrote:
What does tuition cost? figure out what your salary was by dividing that by the hours you worked. Then add 10% to the amount.
debsey
This.

Also what is your job description?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:33 pm
kb wrote:
I don't know - but in addition to the tuition? Or instead?

How much was he (in reality) paying you last year - how much is tuition for your three kids a month?

Op here In addition to tuition last year didn't get paid nd tuition for me is $400 a kid a month

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:34 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
This.

Also what is your job description?

Bookkeeper

kb

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:37 pm
So I still don't know your answer, but what you're really asking - correct me if I'm wrong - is:

Last year, I worked as a bookkeeper and was paid $1200 a month. This year, I approached my boss for a raise and he asked me what I would like to be paid. How much of a raise seems reasonable?

Debsey says 10%... you're the bookkeeper Very Happy

Good luck!!

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:43 pm
So, last year, you earned the equivalent of 12,000. You could just ask for 1200 more, or you could do a bit of research. If you google "bookkeeper" and the place you live, you should be able to find a salary range and average salary.

Keep in mind that tuition is applied pre-tax, so you actually are grossing a bit more in that sense.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:46 pm
You did it all last year?

How are you inexperienced?

You are experienced.

Underbid a little. You are getting a lot out of this so nail it. Don't let them wonder who else they could get for normal money. Ask for a little less than normal money.

Pita

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:50 pm
How many hours/week do you work?

kb

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:51 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
You did it all last year?

How are you inexperienced?

You are experienced.

Underbid a little. You are getting a lot out of this so nail it. Don't let them wonder who else they could get for normal money. Ask for a little less than normal money.

Dolly, I think she meant she's inexperienced in knowing how much to ask for a raise.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 12:23 am
Ah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics