Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Kids waking up at 5 am

happy chick

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 3:27 pm
my kids, ages 5, 4 & 2 1/2, wake up every morning at around 5 am. I cant be sure, because im asleep at that time, but I think my 5 yr old gets up first and then wakes up the other ones. is there any way to make him sleep later (its till dark outside when he gets up)? or what should I do with him so he doesn't wake up the other kids?

debsey

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 3:36 pm
Can you make him a "when I wake up and it is still dark outside" kit? You can put in a book on tape kind of thing (or read one into an Mp3, with your own "Beep" to turn the page), and a few activities that he can do on his own, in his bed, and he's not allowed to wake anyone up till the number on the clock says 6 (you can put a sticker on the digit of a big digital clock so he knows WHICH 6 you mean!)
I had years when I put a sippy cup and animal crackers in a ziploc bag next to my early riser, and he could eat and drink, play with certain toys, and whatever, till the "magic number" appeared on his clock. It worked for me! (I was ok with crumbs in his room. It beat him waking me up like 30 minutes after the 4 AM feeding of his baby sister, wanting breakfast!)

happy chick

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 3:51 pm
debsey wrote:
Can you make him a "when I wake up and it is still dark outside" kit? You can put in a book on tape kind of thing (or read one into an Mp3, with your own "Beep" to turn the page), and a few activities that he can do on his own, in his bed, and he's not allowed to wake anyone up till the number on the clock says 6 (you can put a sticker on the digit of a big digital clock so he knows WHICH 6 you mean!)
I had years when I put a sippy cup and animal crackers in a ziploc bag next to my early riser, and he could eat and drink, play with certain toys, and whatever, till the "magic number" appeared on his clock. It worked for me! (I was ok with crumbs in his room. It beat him waking me up like 30 minutes after the 4 AM feeding of his baby sister, wanting breakfast!)

so that would take care of that part of the problem, but then theres also the issue of him not getting enough sleep. he goes into bed a little after 7 and by the time he falls asleep, its close to 8. 9 hours is not enough for a growing 5 year old. how early can I put him into bed?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers