Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
3 year old discovery of his body parts

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 11:56 am
My just abt 3y.o. is in potty training mode and has discovered his body part. He has been walkin around pantsless in house cuz it helps him be aware of the need to use the toilet.
But he now plays with his body part and I don't know what to do abt it. I keep reminding him to wash his hands cuz I don't want him touching food or toys tht the baby uts in his mouth.
What's the best way to deal with this?

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 12:34 am
Bump

chani8

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:49 am
Put his pants back on him. Part of potty training is learning to maneuver the pants out of the way. I never did get this potty training method of letting a child run around bare bottom. It's just not necessary.

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 11:01 pm
chani8 wrote:
Put his pants back on him. Part of potty training is learning to maneuver the pants out of the way. I never did get this potty training method of letting a child run around bare bottom. It's just not necessary.

When he has his pants on he doesn't register the need to go. Its the bare bottom that helps him feel it more. But now its mainly an issue while he sits on potty or in the bath though I did have him bare a few times when he wanted to take a break from trying to go but knew he had to go.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 11:47 pm
If he's in the bathroom anyway just ignore it. He's going to wash his hands under those circumstances anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics