Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Flicky little hairs poke out of edge of snood?!

4dds

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 2:05 pm
D/n know if this is the right place but I cover my hair fully...except that I have all these little flicky hairs that stick out around my snood or pre-tied. I am too lazy to wear my shaitel (and hat on it) unless I really REALLY have to.

My DH d/n want me to shave or cut short, and its about shoulder lenght

Help? shock

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 2:08 pm
I don't think those small hairs are an issue. hair that won't stay under a scarf has its own halachic status. afaik, you don't have to worry about it. if you do worry, though, I suggest you grow your hair longer. then you can put it up in a bun and tuck the ends under. that should help.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:12 pm
I have long hair and still have little hairs that fly out no matter what I do, even with those headbands holding most of it in.

Most hold these hairs are not a halachic problem. I still feel self conscious about how they look, though.

Kitten

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:19 pm
Wear a wig cap under your snood. It usually keeps most of those little hairs in place. Also, put your snood lower on your forehead and cover part of your ears.

abs

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:23 pm
Wig Grips headbands are great at preventing this problem! They do take a bit of getting used to, though.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:32 pm
Wig cap is best for holding all the strays in.

Wig grip is not so effective, in my experience.

I have long hair but lots of fine wispy bits that can sneak out during the day - I check in the mirror when in the bathroom and retie my hair into its bun if necessary, but if I need it to be 100% in and am wearing a looser scarf, I wear a cap underneath and am fine all day.

I also generally wear my scarf in front of my hairline and in front of my ears, and they are generally tight enough that I can tuck my cellphone into the side and it will be held by my scarf - cheap version of handsfree!

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 6:10 pm
What's a wig cap??

I concur with wearing the tichel low down on the forehead as well as covering the ear. I actually most of the time cover all of my ear (which makes it impossible to wear earrings :-( ) and then everything is covered except possibly in the back, which I can't see so well and am not sure what to do with.

Kitten

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 6:17 pm
esheschayil wrote:
What's a wig cap??

It's kind of a stocking you put over your head and it keeps all your hair in place. I wear one under everything. It's really practical when you have hair growing out, short hair, or just hair that will never go under a tichel.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 7:14 pm
The wig caps I use are cotton lycra, the same as the undercaps with a big pad to make your hair look big, rather than the stocking material type.

I buy them in Israel for about 6 shekel or something like that. They are just small, tightly fitted caps that hold in more hair and enable more playing around with the real scarf you are using. Kind of like a swim cap, but cotton so you don't get too sweaty.

You can buy them online from Muslim womenswear shops, I think they call them hijab caps, if you are comfortable shopping there.

see

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 6:08 am
Can anyone bring a source for the halachic statements mentioned above about these hairs? I'd love to see it inside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels