Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO recipe that calls for at least 3 eggs and 1/3 c. pow.sug

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 3:15 pm
Not so long story, mixed them together for something else that won't work now, and would like to not waste the eggs and sugar. I have more of all ingredients and am looking for cookies/cake that uses these ingredients. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:59 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Not so long story, mixed them together for something else that won't work now, and would like to not waste the eggs and sugar. I have more of all ingredients and am looking for cookies/cake that uses these ingredients. Thanks!

Sugar Cookies
Balibusta's Choice

8 eggs
8 cups flour
1 box Domino (1 lb.) confectioners sugar
3 Tbsp vanilla sugar
3 tsp baking powder
2 cups oil (or 4 sticks margarine)

Knead all ing into a soft manageable dough. (Add more flour for more manageability in necessary.)
Form cookies using desired molds, or cookie cutters
Works well if you refrigerate first.

You can halve this recipe and use 4 eggs, 4 cups flour, 1 7/8 cup confectioner's sugar, 1.5 Tbsp vanilla sugar, 1.5 tsp baking powder and 1 cup oil.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:02 pm
Thanks.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 6:12 pm
lol, I was in a similar boat (fat -- I had used coconut oil but I'm flexible in recipes and sugar, not powdered) but finally worked out a substitute for the ingredient I was short on and continued the recipe I had wanted to make Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 6:17 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
lol, I was in a similar boat (fat -- I had used coconut oil but I'm flexible in recipes and sugar, not powdered) but finally worked out a substitute for the ingredient I was short on and continued the recipe I had wanted to make Very Happy

That wouldn't have worked with the recipe that I had started. But the rest of the story: I decided to make my old faithful America's Test Kitchen Double Chocolate Chip cookies http://www.browneyedbaker.com/.....kies/ and just used powdered sugar instead of the regular sugar. The first batch is in the oven now.
(I like that sugar cookie recipe. I have a go to one but I may try it later.)
While googling, before checking into imamother, I found a marvelous cookie that's not really what I needed but I'm determined to try. If I do and it comes out I'll share it.

Thanks again!

ETA: The double choc chip cookies came out amazingly, though a bit cloying with powdered sugar. (I didn't use a full half cup, just the 1/3 I'd added already.)
Meanwhile, I have a batch of these http://www.howsweeteats.com/20.....dough in the oven. I ended up making a double batch, so I made the full amount of the first step (browned marg., sugar, eggs, vanilla) and doubled the second step. I made half of them with the brownie on top, half the other way. To be continued...

Second edit, re the howsweeteats cookies: so they came out a bit flat. I'm not surprised because with rare exception, when a recipe calls for just butter/marg. they come out flat, and I replace half the marg with oil/shortening. Also, they're big. I made the second batch a bit smaller and I pulled off a little from each one when they still seemed big, so some of them are going to be "marbled."
I have half the total left which = the full regular recipe. I'm thinking of just spreading the choc. chip dough in a pan then topping with the fudge and baking and cutting into bars.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 8:22 am
PinkFridge wrote:
That wouldn't have worked with the recipe that I had started. But the rest of the

Second edit, re the howsweeteats cookies: so they came out a bit flat. I'm not surprised because with rare exception, when a recipe calls for just butter/marg. they come out flat, and I replace half the marg with oil/shortening. Also, they're big. I made the second batch a bit smaller and I pulled off a little from each one when they still seemed big, so some of them are going to be "marbled."
I have half the total left which = the full regular recipe. I'm thinking of just spreading the choc. chip dough in a pan then topping with the fudge and baking and cutting into bars.

A wonderful take on the two tone cake is no. 34 below.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins