Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is this to much to ask from cleaning lady?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 2:26 pm
SO for the past few months I share a cleaning lady with a relative. the old one moved and we just found a new one.

relative was telling me that she wants to have her polish her wood floors. she has this special soap that you apply to the floor and then an hour later you apply another thing that basically waxes the floor.
its basically asking her to thoroughly wash every inch of the floor on her hands and knees twice in one day.

im kinda thinking it may be a bit much to ask her and that it may scare her away. its not a typical cleaning thing like washing bathrooms, the kitchen etc.

she is getting paid on the higher end of average for my area (if that makes a diff)

should I mention to the relative to find someone else to do this or give her a bonus tip or tell her its a one time thing? or just hope for the best. (if she skips out on her she will be skipping out on me too)

thanks

gittelchana

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:
SO for the past few months I share a cleaning lady with a relative. the old one moved and we just found a new one.

relative was telling me that she wants to have her polish her wood floors. she has this special soap that you apply to the floor and then an hour later you apply another thing that basically waxes the floor.
its basically asking her to thoroughly wash every inch of the floor on her hands and knees twice in one day.

im kinda thinking it may be a bit much to ask her and that it may scare her away. its not a typical cleaning thing like washing bathrooms, the kitchen etc.

she is getting paid on the higher end of average for my area (if that makes a diff)

should I mention to the relative to find someone else to do this or give her a bonus tip or tell her its a one time thing? or just hope for the best. (if she skips out on her she will be skipping out on me too)

thanks

It seems like a lot to ask for. I don't think it's fair to add it on as a requirement for an existing cleaning lady. If the cleaning lady is new and there is an agreement, then why not? This is what she agreed to. Either way, she should be paid for her extra work.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:27 pm
I think your relative needs to ask the cleaning lady if this is something she'd be willing to do, and let her know that a bonus will be paid if she agrees to do it. I'm sure there are some women who would agree to do it.

mfb

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:45 pm
I don't think she is paid for specific wwork. She is paid by the hour to clean. Some times it is easier work and sometimes its harder. For example my cleaning lady knows that before pesach she doesn't do regular cleaning, she does harder things...

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:51 pm
I would not feel comfortable asking that. There are some jobs I do myself because I can't bring myself to ask my housekeeper, and getting on hands and knees to scrub is one of them.

animeme

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 4:31 pm
I give my cleaning lady a bonus for Pesach cleaning. I would do so for this too if I asked it of her, and I'd let her decide if she wants. Actually, I think I'd explain what I need done and ask if either she or someone else she knows is interested in the job.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 3:47 am
I do not scrub on hand and knees. Ever. If my cleaning lady wants to do it she can. I would never ask it, I think, either.

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 5:09 am
Hire a service for one day to do third type of work. Not the same day your cleaning lady is there.

mom in france

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 5:17 am
mfb wrote:
I don't think she is paid for specific wwork. She is paid by the hour to clean. Some times it is easier work and sometimes its harder. For example my cleaning lady knows that before pesach she doesn't do regular cleaning, she does harder things...

True but we still tip extra to show we appreciate her hard work!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry