Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Can sesame noodles be frozen?

motherof5

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 7:12 pm
The subject line really says it all, I have leftover sesame noodles and they are not being eaten, so it's freeze them or toss them. Has anyone frozen sesame noodles, how are they when defrosted? ? Thanks so much.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 7:32 pm
I just defrosted and tried to eat a small container of sesame noodles that I froze. They didn't freeze well. I ended up tossing them Sad. I think saucy pastas freeze better (but not great, since they can get mushy) but sesame noodles just don't have enough sauce. I'd advise to try and finish them now, rather than freeze them

motherof5

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:11 am
thanks, I actually already stuck them in the freezer, I will let you know how they turn out!

Grandma 1

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:34 am
I freeze them all the time, with no problem. I suppose that it depends on what ingredients you use in your recipe. I think some recipes include peanut butter. I don't know if that wiuld freeze well. My recipe from one of the KBD cookbooks, doesn't include PB?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:45 am
Grandma 1 wrote:
I freeze them all the time, with no problem. I suppose that it depends on what ingredients you use in your recipe. I think some recipes include peanut butter. I don't know if that wiuld freeze well. My recipe from one of the KBD cookbooks, doesn't include PB?

My recipe was also from KBD (no peanut butter) but I suppose there are variables: how they're packaged, what kind of freeZer they're kept in, for how long and of course, personal taste
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics