Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Immunologist??????

Peshi

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 8:54 pm
Anyone ever went to a immunologist? What was it like? My dr sent me there with my dd just to make sure everything is ok cuz she is Alwats sick. I'm just wondering what can results be......

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:02 pm
I went with my kids to an immunologist. The doctor will run a lot of blood work to check for things that normal doctors won't check for. Did you try giving your child a probiotic? that is suppose to help build up the immune system.

yogabird

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:04 pm
Yes, I'm in touch with one on a steady basis right now, because my baby was born with a primary immune deficiency.

They will likely do a immune blood workup to check that she has enough antibodies, that her immunoglobulin levels are okay, and that her T cells and B cells function properly.

Good luck. Hope everything comes back normal.

(if she indeed has a normal immune system, there are lots and lots of things you can do to strengthen it.)

Last edited by yogabird on Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

real

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:04 pm
OP it's not worth thinking about what can be found because it can make you go crazy. take one day at a time and when the results come in, take that also slow. Everything will work out

Peshi

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:26 pm
I'm just petrified !!! Could it be leukemia or I'm totally off my rocker ( please say I'm over imagining!!!!

yogabird

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 10:23 pm
Why leukemia? Excuse my sheer ignorance, but do people with leukemia get sick often? I think if the doctor would suspect that they'd send you to a hematologist/oncologist, not an immunologist. Also, any general practitioner can order a simple cbc (complete blood count) that can pretty much rule out leukemia.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics