Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
ANY UNPROCESSED VEGANS??!

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 11:29 pm
I am desperate for some recipe ideas for yom gov. I have a few terrific ones but I'd love some new suggestions..
Thanks!!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 2:48 am
Can you give an idea of what you're looking for and what you mean by 'unprocessed,' are talking generally non-processed foods or Chef AJ's definition - low fat and no oil? Do you want salads and dressings, entrees, sides, or desserts?

Off the top of my head, I can recommend:
-Sides and Dips: Matbucha - nothing more than seeded tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers and a few spices - hummus or babaganoush that don't have oil and don't have tons of techina. Kale salad marinated with avocado and lemon juice (or some other type of fat + acidic liquid, vinegar works too). Grilled corn on the cob. Mockamole (low fat guac that is made with white beans) or white bean hummus. Roasted beet salad or roasted sweet potatoes in broth with lots of herbs.

-Entrees: Quinoa Salad with some sort of protein. You could add grilled tofu, marinated and baked tempeh or seitan. Bean-based chili with quinoa, rice, or barley. Chickpea patties on pita or plain. Vegan tacos with lentils or a beef substitute. Sushi salad with raw seaweed, edamame, guacamole, pickled ginger, sesame seeds, carrots, cucumbers and other veggies.

-Dessert: Try silken tofu chocolate pudding for a nice, easy dessert that doesn't require too much thought. Fruit Salad. Frozen grapes. Grilled pineapple or other fruits like mango. Black bean brownies.

Anon because people who know me know that I serve food like this regularly on Shabbos and Yom Tov.

chani8

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 7:07 am
Steamed butternut squash mixed with lots of cocoa makes a great chocolate pudding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics