Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What's the youngest you would leave for a couple of days?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:35 pm
Talking a 2-3 day vacation. We could really use the break, but how young is ok to leave for a couple of days?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:38 pm
I've done it with a 2-year-old. When they are old enough to understand that Mommy is coming back soon.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 10:10 pm
I have done it with a 1 1/2 year old, but my mom took the kids.

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 10:14 pm
I think part of the answer depends on who you're leaving them with. Leaving them with your parents or in-laws who they know and feel comfortable with would be ok at younger age than, say, leaving them with a neighbor or friend that would need them to be much older.

gold21

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 1:02 am
1.5- 2, with parents or family

7-8 with anyone else, not sure who, cuz it never came up

heidi

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 2:11 am
I left a 2 and a half year old with my parents for 2 days. He knew them well. He wouldn't look at me when I got back. He got over it, and we had a much needed vacation. Younger than that I wouldn't.

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 7:51 am
I left mine 1 week before her first birthday, with my parents, for 1 night. My parents and siblings are practically her second parents, she had her own bed there where she had slept loads of times, she was absolutely fine. It was a little early for me, but I had children 17 months apart and then 16 months apart, and each time I had a baby, my kids were at my parents as well. I had left them there for several hours multiple times before, they were absolutely fine and completely doted on by aunts and uncles and grandparents. However, I would never leave them by anyone who is not close family, my now 8 year old has never asked to sleep away, but my 6 year old was invited to sleep over at a classmate's house and I said no, but the other child was happy to come here...

freidasima

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 7:54 am
Well to tell you the truth I would DEFINITELY not leave them until they were AT LEAST a week old...but after that? At grandparents? For sure (actually I did it, more than once, with more than one kid... and no I didn't nurse...and yes my parents were cool and the kids practically lived there anyhow as it was down the block).

amother

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 7:59 am
I left mine with my parents when they are a couple months old. We were doing construction. I was still breast feeding and pumped milk for them.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 8:05 am
As soon as your no longer nursing. (With sibling or parent)

with friend or neighbor that you and child knows well- five and up.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 9:49 am
I don't have anyone really who would have the time or energy to watch a toddler for an extended period. So 3 or 4. We've been away a few times on our own but taken with the baby/toddler.

If I had someone who I trusted and was able to watch a baby, any baby not nursing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics