Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
"The tuition board will contact you" ??

amother

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 10:02 am
My kids started a new school this year and at the interviews/meetings with the principals, whenever I brought up tuition I was told that the tuition board deals with this and after we are accepted the tuition board will contact us, etc, don't worry we don't turn anyone away for parnassah reasons, of course though we don't give scholarships if there is anywhere you can get help from etc... After my kids were accepted I asked again about tuition and was told the same thing, even when I asked for a ballpark number, I was given something very tentative from the principal- "it shouldnt go higher than $x, but I can't say for sure, the tuition board will contact you". I emailed again asking when I registered my kids and sent in the pretty hefty deposit and now school has started and I have still not heard anything! What should I do? I am starting to get very stressed out about it because I had made estimates based on what the principal had said but he also made it clear that I couldn't hold him to that amount if the tuition board gave me another number! Is this at all normal for school to start and the school still has not made clear what the tuition is? The school is pretty late on things, like we only got the schedule and request for medical forms like 2 days before school actually started. I am so not used to this because the past school that I was dealing with was so professional and on top of things!
Anyone's school like this? WWYD?

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 10:08 am
Your post is just mind boggling. I cannot imagine a school being like this. I'm sorry you're going through this situation. I'm not sure what you can do without angering the principal, and I'm not sure you want to go that route. Maybe write a letter to the secretary/principal explaining that you must be contacted by the tuition board immediately. You need to know how to budget your expenses, and it is unacceptable that your kids have already begun a school year in a school that has not yet been paid for at all.

chatz

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 10:23 am
That there is a tuition board that deals with tuition and the principal doesn't mix in - normal.

That school has started and you don't even know what tuition is - not normal.

Schools that I am familiar with don't let the kids in until tuition is agreed upon and a payment plan is set up.

Can you ask to speak to someone on the tuition board directly? Someone in administration? Or send a strongly worded email that if you don't know how much tuition is, you cannot budget for it, and may not be able to pay it.

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 1:13 pm
we sent our son to a yeshiva that apparently didn't know its own tuition. they didn't want to give us a number, they pushed us to tell them our income first. we refused. after a lot of back and forth, we finally got a number out of them.

no, op, I don't think your yeshiva is being reasonable or smart, but I'm not entirely sure that it is not "normal." I don't know where you live. there may be other yeshivas in your area that operate just like this.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 10:00 am
any one else have this? Is the smartest thing to do to try to get a hold of the number of the tuition board, whatever that means?

ElTam

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 10:11 am
Can you call the school secretary and find out who is in charge of the tuition board? My kids have been in two schools and nobody walks into their classroom until the financial situation is ironed out. This would make me beyond nervous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics