Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Green northeast communities?
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 10:22 am
School size sounds just like ours! they join 4th and 5th grade together so they can separate genders. Mati (second grade) has 3 girl classmates and 1( !) lone poor boy.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 12:51 pm
do you call kindergarten the year before first grade or pre1a? my daughter is in kindergarten now but her school has pre1a so it might be like your nursery?
Thanks

shanie5

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 1:39 pm
There is a 3 year old playgroup. Then comes Nursery (also like playgroup-not part of the school). Next is Kindergarten and then 1st grade.

So your dd would be in with my dd-nursery.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 1:45 pm
rochester ny!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 1:59 pm
shanie5- how many of that 9 are girls?

abby1776

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 2:05 pm
There are other Jewish communities in CT other than Waterbury (which is the largest and most yeshivish). There is West Hartford, New Haven - both small orthodox communities but you would find a shul and a mikvah and a day school (Chabad). Fairfield used to have a day school, but it closed and they just lost their Rabbi, but I think they still have a mikvah. There is also a small orthodox community in Bridgeport (uses the Mikvah in fairfield but its very close - less than 3 miles).

All these places have cheap housing and lots of trees and greenery. I don't know anything about home schooling though.

shanie5

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 4:03 pm
amother wrote:
shanie5- how many of that 9 are girls?

IM trying to think iof all the kids in her class, but can only come up with 7 of them right now-brain freeze I guess. I can think of 4 girls and 3 boys. Gonna drive myself crazy trying to figure out the last 2..........
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating