Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to make going to a restaurant with little kids easier?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 8:41 pm
I have four little kids, oldest is 6.5, youngest just turned one. My grandparents love spending time with them. We used to go over to their house for a little bit every week but now it's getting too hard on my grandmother so we stopped. They can't come over to my place because we are a flight up and my grandfather can't do steps anymore. So they take us out to a restaurant for dinner so they can see us. Any excuse to eat out, anniversary, birthdays.... It's getting really really hard for me. I'm by myself, dh is working dinner time, and I have four little kids that need to be kept somewhat behaved. I tired ordering before we get there so they can eat right away, but by the time the kids are done eating everyone else just got their food and now what? Sometimes I give them my phone to play with but it's so rude and I don't like to. Help! I hate going, but I want my kids to spend time with their great grand parents. Any ideas to make it easier???

SplitPea

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 8:45 pm
What anout changing the meeting place?

I have 4 under 4 and restaurants are almost impossible. What about:

A pizza store
An ice cream store
Take out and then take it to a park with a picknic table
In your back yard for a BBQ
At a library and they can read to the kids

I would give up on getting the kids to behave in a restaurant and look at more what you want to accomplish... Spend time with grandparents and look for places to do that that are kid friendly.

wife2

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 9:15 pm
Why can't you order take-out and eat it at their house?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 9:21 pm
Kids have a very short attention span. Meet them at a park, pizza store where there is place to play in, or go to their house and keep a toy there that will keep them occupied. Keep the visits short so they enjoy them while the kids still have patience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics